Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: What the hell happend to American animated Movies...

1. 88: YES THEY DID. =\ horrible horrible film.

I'd like to add that The Weekenders
    I like this show. Wish it had come out when I was younger. I don't watch it. Thats why I wish. =\

damn, I had a comment. . .

I loved Gargoyles! I haven't seen that show in years. I remember things getting weird near the end, but it was my favorite cartoon for awhile. How many seasons did it run? One of the few shows where I liked just about every character. I should try to track down a few episodes...

There was awhile when I was a total disney whore. That was when they were on a streak though. Lion King, Tale Spin, Gargoyles, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck. Those were the days. I'd also like to throw in some love for Reboot (looks plain now but the last season looked a lot better...another show that got fucked over too) and Bump in the Night. Claymation still amazes me today.
    A problem with the old Disney cartoons(I don't know what tehy have now) is that after the initial episodes they would toss them over to shit animators. You can directly see the loss of quality in Gargoyles. The people couldn't even draw the characters properly. Also in Darkwing Duck(my old favorite), compare the first story to the later ones. I didn't like that.

2. Re: What the hell happend to American animated Movies...

Originally posted by maruchan
    anyways how come animated movies like these arent made anymore. Movies like
    Secret of NIMH,
    Watership Down,
    Charaolote's Web,
    Brave little Toaster
    Land Before time
    American tale...

Instead were stuck with rehashed, stolen material in the movies that Disney has made in the past 15 years... No silly songs, no plot holes, or lost continuity sequenece.. Just a good story..
    Well maruchan, your right about those movies not having silly songs. They had F$&*ing stupid songs!!! Even as a child I wanted to tear my ears out during that whole "I can talk" song in Charaolote's Web.

3. Originally posted by SearchManX
    Pork Chop = best name for a dog EVER!
    Definitely. When I get another dog, I'm naming it Pork Chop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. Re: Re: What the hell happend to American animated Movies...

Originally posted by Pepsiman
    Well maruchan, your right about those movies not having silly songs. They had F$&*ing stupid songs!!! Even as a child I wanted to tear my ears out during that whole "I can talk" song in Charaolote's Web.
    You know you loved it. =')
    (I hated "Somewhere Out There" off of American Tale, personally. I can only go back and listen to it now...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. The Land Before Time had some great songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

6. I also liked i can talk.. and the charolote dead song..