Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: What the hell happend to American animated Movies...

1. What the hell happend to American animated Movies...

I was watching the secret of NIMH.. today on tv.. and to my suprise unedidted..

anyways how come animated movies like these arent made anymore. Movies like
    Secret of NIMH,
    Watership Down,
    Charaolote's Web,
    Brave little Toaster
    Land Before time
    American tale...

Instead were stuck with rehashed, stolen material in the movies that Disney has made in the past 15 years... No silly songs, no plot holes, or lost continuity sequenece.. Just a good story..

damn i miss does days.. instead were treated to mindless direct to video movies, to milk in prevous movies. ahh gah...

2. The interest is declining and the risk is high. Look at Fox Animation for example.

As for Disney, their whole creative staff must've either been laid off or redirected elsewhere, because the crap they're putting out now is shameful.

3. American animation is way underrated. So much fruitless Disney knocking, too...

Have you guys even SEEN Samurai Jack? Kim Possible? The Iron Giant? Waking Life?

EDIT:

Or Lilo and Stitch, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, The Emperor's New Groove, hell, Ziggy's Christmas Special?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. That's TV. They want features.

Yeller, go find a good script and some backing (hit up some of the anime domesticators, ADV's really big into original productions) and make a movie. And if it turns out like Titan AE, I'm going to have to dispatch Guido and Sammy -- and they won't be in a good mood.

5. Originally posted by YellerDog

Have you guys even SEEN Samurai Jack? Kim Possible? The Iron Giant? Waking Life?
    Waking Life could hardly be considered animation. It's live action colored in on a computer to look like a painting in motion, or something to that effect...

6. The Iron Giant is one of the greats. Respect. As for Disney, they've been hit and miss for a long time, but you can't take away from some of the movies they've made. But still, they can be better. Lilo and Stitch rocks.

7. Originally posted by Lhadatt
    Yeller, go find a good script and some backing (hit up some of the anime domesticators, ADV's really big into original productions) and make a movie. And if it turns out like Titan AE, I'm going to have to dispatch Guido and Sammy -- and they won't be in a good mood.
    Yeah... poor Titan AE. I've met Gary Goldman. I got to ask him "What was up with the CG bad guys?" in person.

Rest assured, as soon as I'm in a position to make a feature, it's going to break up some perceptions toward what animation can do in this country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Originally posted by YellerDog
    American animation is way underrated. So much fruitless Disney knocking, too...

EDIT:

Or Lilo and Stitch, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, The Emperor's New Groove, hell, Ziggy's Christmas Special?
    I\m not talking about tv shows.. i'm talkinga bout full lenght animated movies.. like the ones i mentioned before..

and lets not get into the whole lion king, Kimba the white lion thing.. too.....

I dont like samuari Jack.. but i do find Kim Possible entertaining..

9. I like the voice actress beind kim possible.

Seems like not only were the animated films better several years back but the cartoons were as well.

Tale Spin
    Duck Tales
    Gargoyles
    Darkwing Duck
    Goof Troops
    Aladdin
    Chip n Dales Rescue Rangers...etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

10. Lilo and Stich was EXCELLENT Disney film. I dont like Disney much, but I loved L&S.