Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tao Feng instruction manual online...

1. Tao Feng instruction manual online...

http://www.xbox.com/cms/pdf/TaoFeng_Manual_EN.pdf

Pretty friggin nice manual. C'mon Tao Feng, don't suck ass.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. saw the vid-preview on EP...looked promising...my only beef is that yet again, this is a game that promises tons of environment interaction, and all i saw in 3 different clips was a guy spinning around a poll and doing some flying kick...

3. I'm excited about this. I've always liked Mortal Kombat, and as a result, Boon and Tobias.

I'm a bit leary of this title too, though, as Tobias wasn't around for MK: DA, and it was the best one yet. Makes me wonder about what Tobias actually brought to the dev. table, if anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. I can't view .pdf on this computer, so do the characters still have those really stupid names like Iron Monk? If so, I'll probably pass on it because man if you can't get some decent names, how can you hope to have a decent game?
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. Are you serious?

6. I would be....

Iron Monk
    Fiery Phoenix
    Fierce Tiger
    Exile
    The Fatalist
    Divine Fist
    Divinity
    Jade Dragon
    Vapor
    Master Sage
    WuLong Goth

By far the worst names I've ever heard in a fighter, with ugly, UGLY character designs to coincide with them. I mean, for crying out loud, Fiery Phoenix??? -and the guy has red hair, too, of course. I love fighters, but, I have no hope for this game.

edit: Okay, so, they have "real" names in their bios, which are also stupid, but not as bad. Point remains, not a whole lot of thought was put into the character design here.

7. Well, I will definately rent it I always willing to give game a try, and I hope it does turn out to be good.

8. Jade Dragon? I think there's a resturaunt around here with that name...

Geez, sounds more like a scrabble game than fighter roster. If I hear good things about the fighting engine, I'll give it a try, but sure as heck not going to slap down $50 when it sounds like that's how much they paid the hobo who came up with these names.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. I know that one way or another I'll be playing this game since a roomie is obsessed with it (the same one who went berserk over MK:DA and DOA:XVB), so I figure it's another chance to beat some ass around here while others struggle (my ownage of the block button in MK had others continuously bitching about me mystically cheating). I think it sounds good but know in my heart that it won't play very good, especially after watching footage including the freakish hit boxes. An early build to be sure, but I highly doubt it will improve enough in the areas that need work to make it truly worthy.

Reno and Bahn: Move out here and play me in some good fighting games. Please? I may not be much of a challenge right now, but I can learn! Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

10. I helped with the strategy guide.

Though, I can't say shit about the game, good or bad.

Yes, this was a pointless post, I know.