Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a couple of new paintings (boob warning)

1. a couple of new paintings (boob warning)

Here are the two newest paintings I have completed. They go together & will soon be shipped to my friend in Olympia WA. If the slight nudity is too much I will take them down, but I have seen worse here & I feel that it is in good taste, but let me know. They are both Oli on canvas.
    Warm & Cool are the working titles, but they don't really mean anything.

Enjoy

JM

2. You have serious skills.

Did you get an actual model to pose for these paintings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. Once again, some excellent paintings there JM. I love your balance of depth and flatness.
    your mom

4. Originally posted by Klonoa
    You have serious skills.

Did you get an actual model to pose for these paintings?
    Thanks guys

Real models? Nope, the girl in the cool pic is from a 1971 playboy, she was reading a book, which gave her the perfect clawing hand, I just didn't include the book

The other girl is just from some magazine ad.

JM

5. I absolutly love your work. The color in these is outstanding. The only part I'd critique in the Cool one is the Octopus and the Lady's head. The Octi looks kinda flat on it's outstretched tentacle, and the seperation from the head just isn't happening for me as well as I would like. I wish I had money to buy your work or at least check out your gallery. Did you get that space in Texas you were looking for?

Really though, incredible. I think your work just suites my taste exactly.

6. Originally posted by JM
    Thanks guys

Real models? Nope, the girl in the cool pic is from a 1971 playboy, she was reading a book, which gave her the perfect clawing hand, I just didn't include the book
    haha, and you got the right effect you were looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

7. Very nice, once again JM. I really like the color and design in both of them.

8. Great paintings... but what's wrong with the Cool girl's index finger ?

9. Thanks guys. The finger? I dunno, I was going for a pretty stylized look, kinda Egon Schiel-ish exaggeration.

Cigs- where is the next sketch book? Come on, it has been a while, I'm sure you have some new stuff for us.

JM

10. Heh...yeah, I need to get off my ass and scan some stuff. A friend of mine was just chastising me over the same thing the other day. I have some animation as well, but last time I tried to find video hosting of my own it was pretty tough.