Thread: locking vaguely redundant threads

1. locking vaguely redundant threads

i don't care about Capcom Fighting All stars.

I do care about GigaWings and D&D Beat'emUps.

I consider myself lucky to have stumbled upon Xs's Rip Capcom Arcade thread
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...threadid=16140

cause I sure wouldn't have ever caught this news in a thread about Capcom Fighting Allstars.

2. Agreed. Topics should be locked sparingly. People come here for information as well as entertainment, and unless two threads are about exactly the same thing, they should be let alone. The "invisible hand" of the posters will decide what stays and what sinks.

3. I apologize. In this instance, "I" was that invisible hand Yes, you bring up a good point. however, that thread essentially was discussing a related topic. Unfortunately, the related links never did develop for this particular thread as the "similiar related threads" script is essentially designed to do.

I can understand you may only come here once in a blue moon. However, this is why we have the related thread feature AND a search feature. Generally you won't ever find your expressed concern to be a problem here. However, searching for a thread shouldn't be too much of a stretch on your part either; and we certainly don't make a practice of locking threads just for the sake of doing it.

Note: I'd also like to add that posters SHOULD be more conscious with the way they set up threads.

RIP can stand for anything, even though there's a description field; there have been occassions where someone reading has no idea what the thread is about. Be as specific as possible in the Subject or description. This helps everyone out and your threads are guaranteed to get more interest and responses from others.