Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: My supergun

1. My supergun

I can now die a happy man. After many months of patient waiting, I can proudly say I now own a supergun. Before I go any further, I must once again thank Matt who built the unit for me. He really did not plan on building any more when I first inquired, but he went through with it anyway. Awesome guy. I owe it all to him!

Ok. The supergun.

It really is an amazing little piece of harware. Everything in housed in an old diskette box... It's a fairly compact little machine. On the front you'll notice four controller ports. The left two all for 'normal' PCBs. The right four are for six button games. Read: Capcom fighers, primarily. Those two switches in the lower right control the speaker settings [mono/stereo] and position [on/off.]

The more important stuff. Here we can see the coin buttons, service, test, tilt, and all that kind of stuff.

To the left you'll notice the cut-outs for the speaker. On the back is a vent for the fan and the RGB and audio outputs. I skipped composite in favor of saving a few dollars. Composite is ass, anyway.

The games:

The really important stuff. I've had Metal Slug 3 looimg over my shoulder for many months now, and thank the lord, I can finally play it within the privacy of my own home. Happy joy. You all know how I feel about this game by now.

Here it is in the MV-1C:

ESP Ra. De.

Cool stuff. This is the first time I've been able to play it, and it's great. Very fun patterns to navigate, a great atmosphere, and a very unqiue scoring system. This one is gonna take me a while to completely understand. Typical Cave goodness. I'm looking forward to spending much more quality time with this one.

I almost forgot. The pad. Just like Mode7's rig, this supergun comes equipped with a modified SS pad.

Ah yes, life is pretty good.

That.. is the most bad-ass Super Gun I've ever seen.

Have fun.. and congrats.

3. Nice. And what might that flyer under the SS pad be?

4. Nice pictures(and magazine/flyer), about the PCB's, do you store in some special maner or what? They can't be lying around the room just like that, the dust in my room would kill it fast that's for sure.

5. Originally posted by cigsthecat
    Nice. And what might that flyer under the SS pad be?

Oh nothing, nothing. Just an innocent arcade flyer...

J2d - It's good to keep them in anti-electrostatic bubblewrap when they aren't in use. I would imagine a lot of dust can do some damage, but a little bit won't do anything to harm the boards. A decent static shock could send a PCB to hell, however.

6. Where's that drool emoticon again? I'd love to get one of these, but my wife keeps mentioning things like "new car" and "house payment." Oh well.
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

7. Originally posted by Wolffen
    my wife keeps mentioning things like "new car" and "house payment." Oh well.
    Pfff, dump her.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

8. Amazing. How much would I have to pay him to make one for me?

9. Superguns are laughably simple, all it takes to make one yourself is time and patience. Depending on how much extra shit you put in it (arcade controls vs pad, comp/s-vid vs rgb) the cost is very minimal. If you're like me, and you don't value your own cost of labour, you could put one of these together for like $20, with most of the cost going to the JAMMA harness.

10. Originally posted by 680x0
    Superguns are laughably simple, all it takes to make one yourself is time and patience.
    I have little of each, especially time.