Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This article makes Jae SAD...

1. This article makes Jae SAD...

Skirmishing through the net, I found an article that really sadden my day... Read the whole article below

http://www.s-t.com/daily/04-02/04-16-02/a01lo005.htm
    ---------------------

Woman, husband die in motorcycle crashes
    Man crashes in Acushnet on way to her Rochester fatality
    By MATT APUZZO, Standard-Times staff writer

A motorcyclist speeding toward the scene of his wife's fatal accident Sunday evening lost control of his bike and died just a few miles up the road from his wife.
    Robert and Barbara Coleran, both 44, of Hanson were with friends at the Hen House restaurant in Acushnet, police said, when Mrs. Coleran decided to head home at about 6 p.m.
    Police said she lost control of her motorcycle on Braley Hill Road in Rochester, a winding country road near the Acushnet line, and hit a tree.
    Shortly after police and rescue workers arrived, another motorcyclist drove by. According to Rochester police Sgt. James Wassmouth, the man saw the accident scene and recognized the bike.
    The motorcyclist sped back toward Acushnet to alert Mr. Coleran of the accident as rescue workers prepared to take his wife to St. Luke's Hospital in New Bedford.
    "He was told there was an accident in Rochester, supposedly with a female operator," said Acushnet Police Chief Michael R. Poitras. "From what we understand, he originally doubted it was his wife, but went to check it out."
    Mr. Coleran and four other motorcyclists headed out just after dark, at about 7 p.m. They were driving, Acushnet Police Chief Michael R. Poitras said, in "five dice fashion," with two leading the way and bringing up the rear, and Mr. Coleran in the middle.
    On a curve near 1510 Main St., the chief said, Mr. Coleran lost control of his bike. He said the man crossed into the left lane and hit a metal guide wire.
    Mr. Coleran immediately went into cardiac arrest, the chief said.
    He was taken separately to St. Luke's Hospital, where both were pronounced dead.
    "This is the first one I've ever been to where one person's going to another's fatality and ends up being a fatality himself," Chief Poitras said.
    Both accidents occurred at bends in the road, but neither is a sharp turn. Sgt. Wassmouth said it was unclear whether speed was a factor in Mrs. Coleran's accident. "But there's no question that she wasn't familiar with the road."
    State police are working with local police to reconstruct the accidents. Autopsies will be performed today, Sgt. Wassmouth said. Investigators will not get toxicology information, which would include alcohol levels, for a few days.
    A friend of Mrs. Coleran who lives in the Boston area said the couple were "free spirits." It was not unusual, she said, that the two would be visiting motorcycling friends outside the Boston area. Staff writer Matt Apuzzo covers criminal justice. He can be reached by phone at (508) 979-4475 or by e-mail at mapuzzo@s-t.com

This story appeared on Page A1 of The Standard-Times on April 16, 2002.

http://www.s-t.com/daily/04-02/04-16-02/a01lo005.htm
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

2. damn, that's pretty messed up.

Originally posted by Despair
    I guess thats a Fate.
    Man, when it's your time....it's your time.

4. Call me a terrible person, but I found that hilarious.

*shrug*
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Originally posted by phoenix angel wing
    Call me a terrible person, but I found that hilarious.

*shrug*
    You're a terrible person. I see no hilarity in that story.

*nods his head down to pay respects* Those that pray, keep their families in your prayers.
    Taking it one day at a time.

Originally posted by phoenix angel wing

*shrug*
    Me too...

Originally posted by Brotherman
    *nods his head down to pay respects* Those that pray, keep their families in your prayers.
    Whatever...

Do you pray for every person in the world that dies?
    You must have a lot of time on your hands.

9. Originally posted by phoenix angel wing

*shrug*

That's cold Phoenix...
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.