Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ping Pong

1. Ping Pong

well, i picked up the all region version of this movie from Poker Industries i am very pleased with how it turned out. i really only read about the popularity Yosuke Kubozuka in articles, but i can see why he is so popular. He was wonderful as Hoshino (aka Peco). Smile (played by a monotitled gentleman named Arata) was quite good as the best friend of Hoshino. of course the last matches with Peco were great, but i really liked all the characters in this movie, they all had a likable quality to them. Badass Ping Pong players indeed. also playing Virtua Fighter 4 apparently means you are down in the dumps. Wonderful movie, and its NOT shoalin soccer with ping pong. Its a great story about two good friends, and ping pong. anyone else see it?

2. Man, I really want to see this one. Didnt realize that an all region was released, but definetly one I plan to pick up if I make another purchase.
    your mom

3. yeah, the all region (it says region 3, but really all region) is nice, its about half the price of the R2 release, but it does not have an anamorphic transfer, like its Japanese cousin.

Ping? Pong!

5. yeah, the all region (it says region 3, but really all region)
    why the hell do they do that ? labeling discs R3 when it's really all region ? thanks to shit like that i'm probably missing out on a few good titles.

i'll have to check out Ping Pong though (if it's definitely all region), it looks very interesting.

6. Iv been watiting for this.. since i love sports based mangas.. i heard about this on newtype..

7. I got the special edition 2 disc region 2 release and loved it. It’s a beautiful movie and the packaging, features and technical aspects are all top-notch.

8. aw crap, there is a special edition of this available?
    where did you get it from? an online source?

9. Just downloaded it (bite me, I'll never pay that much for a DVD), and will watch soon...
    God is Rome

10. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AEBD-10146

Two disc.

This version is a special 2-disc dts edition. Disc 1 contains the Main Feature, with optional audio commentary track featuring the director and others, and a music track. Disc 2 is loaded with extras, including a 15-minute featurette written and directed by Kankuro Kudo himself, making-of featurette, short films, & more. A booklet included. Reversible sleeve cover.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AEBD-10147

Memorial box set.

In addition, this special boxed set comes with the following special features: (housed in) a special binder case, a visual book containing about 100 still photos, a "Ping Pong" illustrated sheet, a 35 mm film strip (used in the film), a "Ping Pong" alien paper mask, a "Ping Pong" logo stencil, & more.

CD Japan = extremely good place to buy. Too bad I didn't have enough for that Memorial box... having Peco's mask would be awesome The two disc set is great though, and it's the same price as the regular edition. Buy soon though, it's limited.