Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ping Pong

1. Trust me, this is absolutely not at all like Shaolin Soccer.
    God is Rome

2. completely different from Shaolin Soccer.
    good, but very different.

3. Damn, that was a fine movie. The characters definitely made it for me. And the movie maintained a great balance between humor and drama throughout.

Very nice stuff. Well worth it. Go watch this.

EDIT: Pleasing sountrack, too... Anyone have the OST?

4. Watched this one last week. I then proceeded to watch it (or at least many parts of it) about 15 more times. A really charming, well-acted movie. The casting director earned his/her fee. Don't hestiate to check it out.

Also, Zenigata and Click are correct: the music is great. Gotta find that main theme song...anyone?
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

5. Prince - I have a few .mp3s on hand here.

Free Your Soul [main]

Let me know if you would like 'Strobolights' or 'Yumegiwa Last Boy' as well.

Yesasia.com has the OST for something like $26... I think an order is in store sometime within the upcoming month or two.

6. Damn, Click! Thanks! My workday has immediately improved.

I still think I'll grab that OST.

Edit: But, in the meantime, yes, I'd love to check out the others as well. Gracias.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

7. Just saw this today...

CLASSIC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

8. I saw this movie two more since my first viewing, likely seeing it again.

I got some fuckin wicked goosebumps in certain parts of the movie, especially the Peco/Kazama battle. This film is so fucking....wonderful.....makes you feel like you can fly after every viewing.

YEEEEEESSS!!! YOU CAN FLY!!!

I agree with the other posters, the music is awesome.

I'm buying the OST.
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

9. If anyone wants the Ping Pong OST, any songs, just PM me.

10. "Do you believe in heros?"

Simply put this film is NOT about ping pong. It is truly an inspiring tale. Sad and beautiful at the same time. It's about friendship and sacrifice. Ping pong is simply the medium that gets this point across.

I was riveted to this film, the sountrack, everything was perfectly executed. The ending pumps you up like no other. And there was a point in the film where I thought it was going to fall into cliche trap, but it didn't, it made its point and kept me with it until the end.

You don't need to be a ping pong fan at all. You just need to know what friendship is and you will understand this film. Buy it and get as many people to watch it as possible.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"