Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel manga remakes

1. Marvel manga remakes

I was reading the March Newtype magazine and seen the remakes...or whatever you'd call em, of some of the Marvel characters done by some manga artists. The one I seen that looked HOT to me was wolverine being done by the Blame! artist.

Does anyone know a full list of what all is getting a manga make over and by what artist?

Also are any of these out yet?

2. I personally think these are terrible terrible ideas.

HAs the US comic book industry lost so much pride that it relies on other countries ? The Manga-style of art is the worst thing to happen to comics since the premium covers.

It disgusts me, really.

In any case, manga remakes are just bad. Japanese artists with Americans over their shoulders directing them. No self respecting manga artist would enjoy the pressure exerted over them with no creative control.

3. I dont like the idea either... us comics have a unique and great look, they shouldn't compromise their look fo any reason what so ever..

4. yah.. blame people joe Maduria, whtas his name pacheco . for starting this trend..

i use to like unique artsytyles like Bahcalo, and such..

5. Don't blame Joe Madureira... the industry has been in decline for years. Lack of talent, lack of pay for talent and refusal of talent to work is really killing the industry.

Look at the big name artists from a few years back. None of them could keep a monthly schedule to save their life. None of them evidently saw staying in comics to be worthwhile, preferring to use their short term fame to seek other venues and do freelance illustration work.

Lack of talent = crappy books = crappy sales.

Add this to the rise of anime and manga's mainstream popularity and they feel like they should capitalize. Problem is the manga done in America isn't even any good. It's a bastard child of a very narrow range of manga/anime artist styles done poorly slapped with cel-shade coloring on top and called 'manga' or 'anime' style. Bah.

If the US artists had any pride or work ethic, perhaps stuff like this could be avoided.

6. Originally posted by negitoro
    Japanese artists with Americans over their shoulders directing them. No self respecting manga artist would enjoy the pressure exerted over them with no creative control.
    That happens a lot in Japan, where they will have an artist just do the art while someone else handles the story and design. Most manga assistants, just draw to help the main artist meet their deadline. Its kind of a way of them paying dues and getting experience in the industry.

I think some of the titles are just limited one off's. They have a few original series coming out too.

7. J Scott Campbell...god DAYAM is he good. He's the only reason I even gave a damn about Image, back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

8. Too bad the little bitch doesn't know what the meaning of a schedule is. When it takes you 3 or 4 months to do a 22 page comic, you have issues.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

9. It boggles the mind that the Japanese can do 18-20 pages a week. Yet the Americans refuse to even keep to 18-20 pages a MONTH.

Fucking slackers I tell you.

10. And I thought I was a slacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.