Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official: Comic book thread

1. Originally posted by TobalRox
    What are the stories behind those titles? Anyone know of any "horror" related comics that are any good?
    100 Bullets - Agent Graves travels around the country giving random people who have been wronged a briefcase full of evidence of who did it, with a gun and 100 bullets of untraceable aammunition. What you do with it is up to you. There is SO much more to it than that, but I don't want to say anymore for fear of spoiling it. There are 4 trades that collect the first 30 issues of the series, with a 5th one coming in august or so.

Exiles - Quantum Leap with random marvel characters from different realities. The Time Broker picks them characters from an assortment of worlds/realities, and gives them a mission: to fix broken realities. Once they have finished their mission(s), they get to go back to their world and hopefully their own personal tragedies will have been avoided. There are 3 trades that collect the first 15 issues, and it is currently on #23 or so.

Fables - imagine that all the characters from your favorite fairytales really existed in their own world. Now what would happen if they were driven from their world and had to live in ours, including the animals? Truly, truly incredible, and will have you on the floor laughing at how twisted some of them have become, like Pinocchio. The first trade collects #1-5, and the second one will come out soon.

Flash - come on, you know who the Flash is. I suggest getting the Blood Will Run trade, which collects current writer Geoff Johns first story as official writer with artist Scott Kolins. That is a good jumping on point. The second trade, Crossfire I think, collects almost a years worth of stories. One of the consistently best teams in comics, and it shows.

JSA - comprised of a mix of DC's oldes heroes with a younger generation of heroes. If the Justice league is DCs first line of defense, these are the guys that inspired them. Just as good as JLA, and sometimes I think much better. There are about 4 or 5 trades collecting most of the series, and I really think its worth it to start from the beginning.

Daredevil - You know who Daredevil is. A good jumping on point is with the Underboss trade or better yet, the Hardcover. It collects the entire year long story, and was the start of Brian Michael Bendis/Alex Maleev's run on the book. The art is insane, and is even more amazing when you find out its all done on the computer.

Hope that helps.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

2. Yeah, I knew Flash and Daredevil, but the others are new to me. They sound really interesting and i'll have to give them a look. Thank you.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com