Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOS emulator

DOS emulator

Do any of you know of a good DOS emulator that would run on Windows 2000 professional?

I need one... badly.

Help!

2. what kind of emulator?

*cough*ZSNES and NEStickle work fine *cough*

A DOS emulator... you know, one that emulates DOS.

Anyone?

5. this is why I won't be upgrading past 98 anytime soon, i love my dos programs.

sorry 88, can't help you

6. 88, I had the same problem....then I got my new dell and XP. But win2k pro doesnt like DOS shiat much...but I'll keep an eye out.

7. Stuff I've found.
    http://download.com.com/3000-2094-34...ml?tag=lst-0-3
    "VDMSound is a package that overcomes some of the limitations of DOS boxes under Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000. More specifically, it aims to offer adequate sound support to any DOS applications (utilities, games, etc.) running under Windows NT 4.0+. As of this version, VDMSound emulates an MPU-401 interface (for playing MIDI music) as well as a SoundBlaster 16 card (for PCM sound effects). Version 1.1.0 now has MIDI and PCM 'ripping' (logging) facilities, as well as a SysEx indicator that displays MIDI activity. Some enhancements were also made in the SB16 and MPU-401 emulation itself."
    And this...
    http://dosbox.zophar.net/
    What is DOSBox?
    It is a PC emulator with builtin DOS for running DOS Games primarily. For more information, visit the Info page.

Unfortunatly, neither of those work.

But its the thought that counts... thanks a lot.

9. Are you trying to do something specific? I was looking around on download.com for something, but most of it seems to be pretty program-specific, so if you need it to run a particular application or game, that information may help.

Or if you have nothing specific in mind, and just want to run a DOS shell, you may have to resort to getting 95 or 98 and setting up your computer to dual boot.

Unfortunatly I have no idea how do set up two different operating systems.

Is it easy?

Yes I am trying to run a game. The company says there is no patch to make it work on 2000pro or XP. They claim If I make a DOS floppy image I can make it work.
    But I have no ida how to do that.