Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOS emulator

1. Originally posted by 88mph
    Unfortunatly I have no idea how do set up two different operating systems.

Is it easy?
    It's kind of a pain in the ass.
    Yes I am trying to run a game. The company says there is no patch to make it work on 2000pro or XP. They claim If I make a DOS floppy image I can make it work.
    But I have no ida how to do that.
    I think I've done it in 95 before (I'm not exactly a computer whiz, and I had no idea what it was called, but I had to do something similar to my old computer...I think). I couldn't get it to work in NT, though.

But I found this page.

http://sac-ftp.externet.hu/utildisk7.html

#314, firm.zip, claims to be a DOS floppy image reader/maker. Don't ask me how it works, 'cause I've got no clue. If you can't get it working, I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will come into this thread eventually.

Now this is funny... Since the program runs in DOS, I can't make it work.

I am about to put my fist through the fucking monitor...

3. Ok, I'm pretty sure that firm thing is just a way to copy files from and to disks, which is insanely useless in this situation. Do they want you to use a DOS boot disk? I've found some website that will let you download what it claims will make you a DOS boot disk for Windows 2000. The only problem is that you need to do it on a 95 or 98 machine and then put the disk in a 2000 or NT computer and download this Windows 2000 plug-in from there. Luckily, the 2000 boot disk also works for NT, and it just so happens I have access to two computers: mine, with 95 installed, and my dad's, with NT installed. I can try to make you the boot disk, save the files to my hard drive, and then e-mail you the files as an attachment. I've really got no clue if this will work, but hey, it's worth a shot and it doesn't seem too difficult. If you're interested, send me a PM. I've got to go pick up my paycheck around 4:00 Eastern time, so if you don't read this till then I'll prolly be back around 5 or so.

4. Dual Booting is super easy. I used to run Win2k with Win98 until I got WinXP, and all you have to do is put in the disk for Win98 and when it asks to install, tell it to put it in another location besides Cwindows Then follow the onscreen instructions, and when your computer boots up there is a menu asking you which OS you want to run. Just keep in mind to install the bare minimum of things you need for Win98 to run your program so you aren't taking up too much extra space. Also, may I ask what game this is for?
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

I am trying to play Season of the Sakura.

I havent played it since '97, about 6 months ago I started really wanting to play it again.

I highly reccommend this game to anyone. As long as you can ignore the weird ass anime sex, its a pretty good game.