Thread: Live action Lupin?

1. Live action Lupin?

Huh-
    http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=14688

Seems like a dumb idea to make a live action Lupin movie for Hollywood. I mean, who cares about the guy outside of the anime world? Live action anime adaptation rumors get thrown around about as much as live action game adaptation rumors, so I'll beleive this will get made when the Akira and DBZ movies see the light of day.

Jim Carrey would be a good choice for Lupin, I think.
    pwned by Ivan

2. fuck no... I hate it when actuall celebrities play cartoon charactrs... it ruins the movie because i just think of there other roles... they need a new face for Lupin...

3. ...actually, I think Jim Carrey would work well.
    Still, I'd rather a new animated movie. 'Specially a Miyazaki one.

4. Jim Carrey does nto play characters well. He turns them into characters that act like the Mask. Example: Grinch. Total carrey tard.

5. Originally posted by ChaoofNee
    Still, I'd rather a new animated movie. 'Specially a Miyazaki one.
    Erm.. new Lupin movies are made like every other year, with TV specials coming out every year. Monkey Punch retook control of the series several years back, so don't expect Miyazaki to ever make another one, even if he wanted to.

6. I just became a fan of Lupin a couple of months ago, and if they had to do a live-action version, Jim Carrey would be PERFECT for it. An animated one would be preferred though.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Originally posted by Lhadatt
    Erm.. new Lupin movies are made like every other year, with TV specials coming out every year. Monkey Punch retook control of the series several years back, so don't expect Miyazaki to ever make another one, even if he wanted to.
    Eh. I thought they stopped recently.
    Shows how much I know.

8. Hrm.. I haven't heard of it.. but I could be wrong.

Rob Schneider sucks in everything and would make this suck from the get go giving me no hope at all that it would be remotely good. Jim Carey is about 2 steps above Schneider and 10 steps below where I'd like an actor to be for Lupin.

Anyone here ever heard of Billy Chaka ? He's not an actor, he's a character from a few books by a guy named Isaac Adamson. The first two books are Tokyo Suckerpunch and Hokkaido Popsicle . The third book will be Dreaming Pachinko due in May.

Anyways, what's this got to do with Lupin III? Bill Chaka is a LOT like Lupin and at one time Tokyo Suckerpunch was in preproduction to be made into a film. Isaac Adamson asked on his site who the fans thought should play Billy Chaka and most of their answers sucked. My suggestion was Bruce Campbell and I'll say him for Lupin as well, regardless of Campbell's age.

By the way, if you're interested in Billy Chaka now, skip Tokyo Suckerpunch and go straight to Hokkaido Popsicle. It's classic and very much better than Adamson's first book.

--Scourge .

10. When I heard of Lupin the first thing I thought it had wolves... but I got it confused with Lupine