Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters only their designers could love

1. agreed, sl1p. as good a site as it is, I doubt the guys taste.

2. Just about all Neo Geo game characters outside the KOF series are terrible.

3. Originally posted by Mzo
    Not so much the characters, more the costume design, the menu design, and the general aesthetic of FFX. Bleah.

Kung Fu Chaos is ass-ugly, too.
    As I already said in Kungfu Chaos thread, characters look that way intentionally. Its one big spoof of kungfu and exploitation films of 70s so the funny look is just right.

I still dont see what is the big deal with people hating FFX characters??? They look fine to me.

Originally posted by Box Drink
    obviously Sl1p has issues with reality... as do many other gamers...
    You probably right. Some people would prefer cartoonish/super deformed look over something more real looking. Not me though

Originally posted by Wilykat
    Ratchet & Clank.

I haven't played this game yet, and lord knows the character designs certainly aren't drawing me in. What the fucking munchkin is that thing supposed to be?
    Alien creature, and his small robot sidekick. What soo hard to get about that game? It had great style and character designs were both inventive and funny. Some people just never get it.

Originally posted by ShineAqua
    The new Link isn't looking much better either. He looks like some kind of circus midget with the faces he makes in Wind Waker.
    Ha, Big Eyed Midgets with stubby legs is the rave ! The ultimate design !

4. Lets see...
    KAKUTO CHOJIN:characters look like crack addicts,and whores rather than fighting game characters.

Q from street fighter 3 third strike:who thought it was a good idea to put inspector gadget in a fighting game.

The last boss of last blade 2:is it just me,or is that guy wearing a chicken costume?

5. Originally posted by Tracer
    PIT FIGHTER WAS PEOPLE!
    So was Soylent Green
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

6. Originally posted by Despair
    It had great style and character designs were both inventive and funny. Some people just never get it.
    Wow, I would say the same thing about Wind Waker!

I personally really like designs in FF8/FFX/FFX-2.

The two character designs I probably hate more than anything:

Chang and Choi - King of Fighters

Yuck, can't stand 'em...freaking Korean team!

7. Originally posted by Wilykat
    Ratchet & Clank.
    The little robot that rides on the main character's back is a complete rip-off of The Iron Giant.

And I thought Sarah was lookin' pretty good in VF4...

As for worst character design, hands down- ANY 3DO game.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Originally posted by Wilykat
    Ratchet & Clank.
    oh, and, I think Trish from Devil May Cry is pretty damn ugly too.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

9. There's nothing I hate worse than an assy character design.

The first two that popped into my head are:

Mortal Kombat. So fucking lame, in plain English. Ugh.
    Gauntlet Legends. See above.

American designers are the biggest offenders, especially when it comes to platformer characters. The worst always seem to come with utterly corny names, not to mention.

10. jet set radio future!

well, ok, it's definately not bad character design. quite good, actually.. i just think the character design of the first game is much better.

as for genuinely bad design, how about bmx xxx?