Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel VS Capcom 2

1. Marvel VS Capcom 2

Yes, I've insulted Soul Calibur II for being a broken piece of trash in another thread within the past 24 hours and here I am making an MVC2 thread. There is no emoticon for sneaky giggling. So I think this will work for now-

Irony noted!

The worlds most chaotic and broken 2-D fighter is having yet another release on the XBox next week (No live support WahWah) and much like the CVS2 release, interest has peaked again. Actually, the popularity of MVC2 seemed to come back a few months ago and I never understood why. I only played MVC2 until about 2-3 months after it's initial arcade launch and then just stopped because it got too ridiculous. So here I am about 3 years later picking it back up. Heres my initial reactions.

-It's still broken
    -The game still revolves around glitches
    -Roughly 10 of the 56 character line-up are actually useful
    -MSP is indeed, for life.

That was about 3 days ago. So now that I've read up, had one of my friends who never really stopped playing teach me all stuff I missed out on and I've started exploring old favorites with the new techniques, I'm starting to see why it's still popular. When you start playing the way that it probably wasn't meant to be played, you actually start feeling a disgusting sense of balance. Why disgusting? Because it hits you by surprise. Sure, there are still a lot of worthless characters, but when you match them up a higher tier for some back up, you can actually get some good use out of them. Granted, you're not going to have Dan or Servebot take on Sentinel or Storm, but it's good fun when you get characters like Felecia or Captain America going toe to toe with the god tiers with the right back up.

So would I say I'm a fan of the MVC2? Probably not. I still have major issues with the game and I'm still only going to play this when theres just no one playing CVS2 or 3S. Have I finally discovered whats actually fun about the game? Indeed.

Now don't expect me to say the same about SCII

So whos going to be picking it up for XBox, even without the XBL playability? After CVS2, I see how it's important (See: The only special thing), but what about those who missed out on the DC launch and just don't own a PS2? I don't know, I'm just not really seeing anyone picking this up after CVS2Live.

Also, teams anyone? I'm focusing right now on Captain America (Anti-Air), Tron Bonne (Projectile) and Iron Man (Anti-Air). I like to stay away from the god tiers (Storm, Sentinel, Magneto, Cable), but I might have to throw one of them in there just to keep pace.
    Play Guitar Hero //

Re: Marvel VS Capcom 2

Originally posted by Sl1p

Heres my initial reactions.

-It's still broken
    -The game still revolves around glitches
    -Roughly 10 of the 56 character line-up are actually useful
    -MSP is indeed, for life.
    If that changed, half of shoryuken.com would riot.

Well, I'm definitely not picking up this game now. I considered it, since it had online play, and to support 2-D on the X-Box, but I'm not competitive enough in this game ( no big loss ) to stand a chance anyway.

When I do play, I use Iron Man, Ken, Morrigan, Jill, Jin, Mega Man, Sabretooth, Storm, Nash, or rather, just about anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

3. Yeah, they probably would riot (See the dumbest things you've heard recently for 2 choice MVC player quotes) and nothing has really changed. I think I just got a different outlook on it this time.
    Play Guitar Hero //

It's one of the games I play w/ my friends when I go home on vacation.
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

5. I've been playing the DC version quite a bit as of late. I'm finding it to be quite addictive and fun.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Who do you usually use?

7. Strider, Wolverine, and Cyclops.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. I loved this game. I had for the DC but it broke so I plan on picking it up for the PS2 as soon as posible. I didnt find any problems with, but it was one of the few fighting games I played so I dont know much about them. I thought the graphics were great, and once you were use to a character, they were easy to master.

Edit- It always sounded like the song during the character screen was saying "I wanna take it up the butt". I know this isnt what it said but it was just funny to thik tha it was.

9. I've always hated this game... it's broken crap.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Originally posted by bbobb
    I've always hated this game... it's broken crap.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Play Guitar Hero //