Thread: Zelda pre-orders tops Vice City's

1. Zelda pre-orders tops Vice City's

Nintendo has much to celebrate as the number of pre-orders for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker breeze past 560,000, making it the most successful pre-order program in Nintendo's history and the most successful in Electronic's Boutique's, which was previously held by last year's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Those that pre-ordered Wind Waker recieved GameCube versions of Ocarina of Time and Master Quest, though copies left for those are almost completely depleted.

The number will continue to climb up until Wind Waker, the latest in a series that has sold more than 36 million units worldwide, is released on March 24th.

2. See how the offer of a free game will do wonders for your preorder sales

Even though it beat Vice City's presell numbers it won't beat total sale numbers, I prefer Zelda to GTA anyday but I'm also realistic

Did Nintendo ever say how many bonus discs where made?

3. This news certainly gives me some more faith in the gaming community as a whole.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Heh...now people are finally starting to see reality and pre-order Zelda, but they will get no freebies

Do you think that Non-Mindo with actually get the picture now?
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

6. I feel good know that I did my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

7. one of those is mine

nice to see
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. By the time we got Wind Waker we were half a million strong.