Thread: GTO, Four Discs Later

1. GTO, Four Discs Later

When I first started watching GTO, I really liked it. If nothing else, it was fresh, had heart, and a bit of grit. And the Doraemon/FOTNS tribute on Disc 2 had me chuckling for a long time after...

However, I have four discs now and I'm a bit disappointed. It's just not engaging me anymore. Onizuka is starting to seem less like a good-hearted badass and more like a well-meaning incompetent tool. I don't know. Onizuka is just becoming less likeable and the show is becoming less clever and interesting. The manga's good, though.

The first two discs were great for the most part, but I'm really starting to fall away from the series to the point that I'm considering selling them. Not because I HATE the show, but why keep a series that's underperforming? :/

2. Yeah, I stopped buying GTO at the third disc. The first two discs are nice, but that and Goldenboy is enough "horny guy" humor for me.
    pwned by Ivan

3. Six discs in and I still like it. Only complaints I have are the washed-out colors and some eps that had stories done far better in the manga.

I've read the final chapters of the manga and came away sorely disappointed. I'm just hoping the anime won't let me down in the end.