Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How is PSO now?

1. How is PSO now?

I tried asking this in the GC keyboard thread, but people were too busy kvetching about Sega sucking and the keyboard being too late to notice my question.

It's been out for a while. A GC keyboard is finally on its way to the market, so now I have some motivation for getting back into PSO. I don't have a Xbox, so don't bother suggesting it.

How is the game on GC now? Is Sega keeping it up to date with new quests and so forth? How is the cheating? Duping? Do save files randomly disappear still, or did Sega get that save problem fixed?

In other words, is it still fun? I want to play legitimately without having to combat other people ruining it for me. So, how is it?

2. What you should really do is wait for...
    I don't have a Xbox, so don't bother suggesting it.
    ...never mind.

3. if you have the keyboard, like PSO, and don't mind $9 a month, go for it.

for me, the costs added up and i figured it wasn't quite worth my time and $$.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

4. johnk: why was it not worth your time?

mode7: BillG would have to bribe me with massive amounts of cash or other free stuff before I buy anything from his company besides PC software -- and I do so only because I'm forced to for compatability's sake. Although, Visio and Visual Studio are pretty keen.

To inject some anti-Xbox-PSO arguments that actually make sense, I'm not big on people doing stupid stuff with the voice functions, plus the possibility for hacking on the Xbox is far, far greater than on the GC or DC...

5. BillG would have to bribe me with massive amounts of cash or other free stuff before I buy anything from his company besides PC software
    I'm not big on people doing stupid stuff with the voice functions anyway...
    True. I especially hate it when people hold try and hold engaging conversations with me.

6. Originally posted by Mode7
    We need a blank stare emoticon.
    OMG EYE AM NOT HARDC0RE OMG LOL!!!!111
    True. I especially hate it when people hold try and hold engaging conversations with me.

7. i felt it wasn't worth my time anymore because I felt a little burnt out from the DC version, so it wasn't as fun anymore, plus the fact that i can barely communicate, plus the stupid fee.. just added up right there and i decided to quit.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

8. Originally posted by Lhadatt
    BillG would have to bribe me with massive amounts of cash or other free stuff before I buy anything from his company besides PC software -- and I do so only because I'm forced to for compatability's sake.
    To inject some anti-Xbox-PSO arguments that actually make sense, I'm not big on people doing stupid stuff with the voice functions, plus the possibility for hacking on the Xbox is far, far greater than on the GC or DC...
    You just answered your own question.

9. OMG EYE AM NOT HARDC0RE OMG LOL!!!!111
    Err, what? I'm just saying, I don't see how "BillG" bribing you with tons of money to purchase his products would be such a good investment for the guy.

Cheating is a reality no matter where you're going to play this game. The difference with XBL is that you will actually be able to report cheaters from within the game. Having a single Gamertag strips away a lot of the anonymity and convenience that your average casual hacker would otherwise thrive on.

10. Originally posted by Melf
    You just answered your own question.
    No it didn't. The question is "Is GC PSO worth it?" not "GC PSO or Xbox PSO?" There is no question as to the platform.

Err, what? I'm just saying, I don't see how "BillG" bribing you with tons of money to purchase his products would be such a good investment for the guy.
    Well, he seems to be buying everyone else...

Cheating is a reality no matter where you're going to play this game. The difference with XBL is that you will actually be able to report cheaters from within the game. Having a single Gamertag strips away a lot of the anonymity and convenience that your average casual hacker would otherwise thrive on.
    Again, the question does not concern the Xbox. While this may prove useful (until it's hacked -- and it will be), spending money I don't have on another console setup from a company I despise is counter-productive when I already have a GC that just needs a BBA, PSO and a keyboard.