Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deleting threads.

Deleting threads.

Originally posted by bahn
    Effective immediately...members can now delete, open/close their own threads without mod intervention.

Please not that qualified FC members may only CLOSE their threads. Actual deletion of threads will still be reserved exclusively to administration.
    So wait, I can delete my own threads or I can't?

2. I think he means you can.
    ...except in Fight Club.
    Makes sense to me. Some of those threads are friggin' gold. I'd hate to see them deleted.

If thats what he means, then I personally disagree. Closing threads, perhaps. Deleting threads, no.

4. I am sorry you feel that way. I could always make it so that none of you can delete anything again y'know? FC will remain reserved to admins to delete only. I don't see what's so difficult to understand.

5. Cranky admin. ^_^

Why delete? That opens the board up for things like debate threads disappearing because the starter doesn't like the way the debate went and other such things... Keeping the lock ability at least would keep the thread around for posterity.

Exactly.

7. We are in agreeance. Much abuse may come of this feature in the future.

8. lhadatt, shut up.

STFU LHADATT!!1

10. you all bitched and whine about not being able to delete your threads, now you have and here you are now rationalizing the ethics of it all. now suddenly you're all worried about arguments.

for the reading impaired...threads can NOT be deleted in fight club. arguments (major ones if anything shouldn't breathe outside of FC anyways...if a thread disappears, well guess what? that's the prerogative of the poster...it's not up to you to decide on that).

anyways, you can complain about it all ya want. I am not reversing the guideline...you wanted to delete threads, now you can. accept it and move on.

Originally posted by 88mph
    STFU LHADATT!!1

what he said.