Thread: Colossal Con2

1. Colossal Con2

This past saturday I attended Colassal Con2 in Independance Ohio, and for the first time at an anime convention, I spent more than 30 minutes watching anime. At the convention I watched Fruits Basket, Gundam Seed (Bleh), Wolf's Rain, and Azumanga Daioh. Hard to say what my favorite was, but I had heard of all of them excpet for Fruits Basket.

I must say I found Fruits basket very entertaining, this entertaining being different from Gundam Seed, where the only entertainment was the audience making fun of it. From the short fight scenes between Kyo and Yuki, to the comedy of people being hugged and turning into cats, I was laughing quite a bit. The art and animation is also very good, though it's not special in my opinion, in the same way as how unique FLCLs is. Then again that's an OVA so what should I expect? Also, maybe from my lack of wordly knowledge of anime, the whole plot didn't seem to cliche'd, but I could be wrong. In a way it reminded me of an inverted Tenchi, except, not at all with the exception of one girl with multiple guys.

So anyone else who has seen Fruits basket what do you think of it?

As For Gundam Seed, the only thing I can say I remember is at the intervention, is the words beneath the image saying "Eat Me Kindly, Gundam."

Wolf's Rain, Just kicked major ass in my humble opinion, and I will probably actually spend money on it (Which has hardly ever happened with me). Though sometimes it left me confused when their hands acted as the wolves fangs, how that seemed to go on and off. But only seeing the first 4 episodes, of course I was left with a few questions as the what's going on. The Art was what I had expected, and the soundtrack so far is Yoko Kanno goodness. The opening song Stray isn't exactly as catching and entertaining as Tank! but still a great song. As for the soundtrack I heard, the music as usual went well with the mood, and added to the enjoyment of the anime itself. The action scenes are maybe a bit below Cowboy Bebop, but still up to par. As for the characters, the wide range of personalities and traits, as well as the freaky seeming villian, with his odd style. Anyways, the overall rating of what I've seen is, I think it's up to par (In the general area) as Cowboy Bebop, but not yet as good.

Azumanga Daioh was one of the single funniest things I had ever seen as I was crying with laughter. I guess I kind of liked the person behind me and their description of what it's about saying "It's about stupid people" not what I really think it's about (If you could say it really has a true plot from the first 5 episodes). Other than that I really don't have much to say about, funny as hell, not much as to the music (Though the opening and ending songs are quite funny). Art is decent enough, and the whole subsection, with the words in white at the top, is pretty cool.

Oh I also say Tenchi GXP, first episode, which I couldn't stand to watch anymore of afterwards. The main character's unluckiness (Whose name I cannot recall) would soon get too predictable, and no longer be funny.

Anyways, those are my impressions of the anime I saw, I ended up watching the anime because the game room wasn't all that great. I can't say that I regret it at all though.

2. Did you take pics of any hot cosplayer chicks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. Originally posted by Klonoa
    Did you take pics of any hot cosplayer chicks?
    Actually I've never brought a camera to a convention, so I have to say no. The convention itself was pretty small, not very many "Hot" Cosplayer Chicks.