Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golden Axe II

1. I'm in the same category as everyone else: I was too young to really pick up on the fact that it was more or less the same with new backgrounds. I just saw the 2 after the name and assumed it would be completely all new.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

2. hey now Golden Axe 1 is just a longer, better, more solid game, I really have a soft spot for GA2 either way. The music is really quite good, the gameplay is a little tighter (you can change directions while throwing an enemy etc) although adding virtually nothing new, it's still Golden Axe...nothin' wrong with GA1 with more levels if you ask me. You could do MUCH worse (Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3, etc). GA2 is also MUCH too short, and yeah the voices are really "bleh". But the magic looks cooler/better (most of it at least), the parallax lava in the cave level owns, and again, I love the music. =) Ending (what ending) sucks though and no new characters or anything. I still LOVE what I love about the game though.

3. Golden Axe II for the genesis was such a let down for me. I was so awed by how fun and original the first game was that when I rented GAII to see the improvements, I was shocked to see nearly the same game but much worse in many areas and no improvements. Never bought it because of that and instead just played the original to death even more.

4. Golden Axe - Revenge of Death Adder was by far my favourite - the centaur character and the sight of Gillius Thunderhead on the massive dude's shoulders are standout moments. Not to mention the fact that it sported much improved graphics over the original (IMO).

http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/arcade3/03/21.htm

5. I enjoy it, but I was pissed that the little magic potion bottles were changed to little blue books... how lame. Like a warrior has time to freakin read whilst killing things. Get real SEGA. Still, I own it, and enjoy it, so whateva.
    A is for action

6. Originally posted by Nikorasu

http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/arcade3/03/21.htm
    That looks insanely improved!
    I gotta play that one.

7. Originally posted by kabuki
    That looks insanely improved!
    I gotta play that one.
    It is, as I recall, from playing on the machine at my local Lazer quest (back in the day) it has pseudo 3d 'into the screen' sections.

Some of the character designs were superb.