Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acclaim being sued again...

"But companies aren't supposed to lie or mislead their investors"

Nope but its done by ALOT of companies, thats one of the reasons so many are heading for bankruptcy, so many years of lying on thier books to increase the price of thier stock.

2. Thank goodness the other game companies, like Take-Two, are honest.
    No gnus is good gnus.

3. Originally posted by ShineAqua

I'm siding with Acclaim on this one because all they did was talk-up their product to keep and/or attract potential investors. Buyer beware, I could sell you a bottle of piss and tell you it's water from the fountain of youth, and if you're stupid enough to drink it it's you own damn dumbass fault. They lost money and now they're acting like children who didn't get their way. I hope Acclaim buries them.
    Grow up? I was stating my opinion. You may not agree but that's not on me.

I'm not in their primary market nor do I buy their games. I don't like them as a company and feel they honestly don't really contribute enough worthy games to be worth caring about. They're not very good on the corporate side either, as they release more turds than just about anyone and this is the second lawsuit brought against them in 6 months.

Maybe you're willing to risk your hard earned cash on their games but I'm not.

4. I liked both Burnout and Agressive Inline (Z-Axis developed it I think and they don't need Acclaim). Those series should continue. That said I should sue Acclaim for every bad license they brought to market.

5. All Star Baseball, Burnout 2, King of Fighters GBA.... They have some decent titles coming out around now. They're not all bad.
    No gnus is good gnus.

6. Oh well, Acclaim sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Acclaim put out more pure drivel than most companies and survive. I wouldn't miss them if they went down and perhaps developers everywhere would be a little more honest towards their buyers and shareholders if they did. In a crowded market, it seems as if most of the time the good niche game developers go down. Taking out Acclaim would be a strike for the good guys.

If they did go down, their licences would be up for grabs. Perhaps nobody would buy them, but it would be nice to see Burnout picked up. Otherwise, I have no interest in their future or lack thereof.

8. Originally posted by soundwave
    I liked both Burnout and Agressive Inline (Z-Axis developed it I think and they don't need Acclaim). Those series should continue. That said I should sue Acclaim for every bad license they brought to market.
    I'm pretty sure Aggresive Inline is the best game Acclaim has ever put out. Sadly, Z-Axis was bought by Activision, and I think Acclaim retains the AI name, and even if they did make a sequal, they'd use some other random dev house and completely ruin what could've been an amazing series. But, the chances of that happening are slim to none.