View Poll Results: Would you want to do a comic strip?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 44.44%
  • No

3 16.67%
  • Pie?

7 38.89%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Strip?

1. Comic Strip?

With all these great artists, why don't we do a small comic strip or something?

There - the idea is out. Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. What kind of pie?

3. Um...pecan pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. A comic strip really only needs one guy to work on it. So. . .get started. Make a topic here and update it weekly or whatever.

I'm making a comic but its going to have its own website and etc.

5. I voted no because I tried it in the past on this very board and it didn't work out. If you want to do a comic you need to do it yourself since it's almost impossible to count on other people for something like this.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. I voted pie, because I like pie. But I think an active community contributed comic would be cool. And I'd help on occasion too, if someone else wrote it. It'd be cool to see interesting takes by the varied talents we have here on subjects we all participate in. It'd be kinda like the 3 word story thread only not retardified and in fight club.

7. rezo pretty much nailed it. A comic strip is also a very personal medium, and the huge variation in styles and humor would kill it.

8. Comic strips are one of the toughest things to do.

To be able to be consistently funny in 3-4 panels, over numerous installments, is perhaps the hardest creative exercise I can possibly imagine.

As it is, making a group project would just cause far, far too much chaos and add to the difficulty.

9. Originally posted by negitoro
    Comic strips are one of the toughest things to do.

To be able to be consistently funny in 3-4 panels, over numerous installments, is perhaps the hardest creative exercise I can possibly imagine.

As it is, making a group project would just cause far, far too much chaos and add to the difficulty.
    It's ok if you're good at comedy. I am not, really.

My idea of comedy is a monkey in a sombraro, which most people don't laugh at. And I'm being dead serious.

I am also creating an animated (albeit crappily animated) videogame based internet cartoon soon enough and it's kind of fun. It's alot easier to get jokes due to sarcastic tones in voices, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Comics don't have to be funny. They can be serious, but what they really need to be is cohesive and hold together from page to page, which would make some sort of group project extremely difficult.

I think the most you could do is something like Penny Arcade, where one person writes the scripts and the other does the actual drawing, but you would need two people who are both dedicated to the project and see eye to eye on what the comic should be.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2