Page 1 of 130 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Victory Thread

1. The Victory Thread

Considering how well the war's going, I figure we might as well have one thread where we can post updates on what's going on in the war, how well we're doing, how many people the US has freed, and so on.

I'll start it off with this link (I know this has been mentioned, but what the hell):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Mar21.html

Entire Division of Iraqi Army Surrenders

Yup, that's 8,000 Iraqi soldiers all surrendering at once.

"The 51st was one of the better equipped and trained in Iraq's regular army forces and was the key division protecting Basra, a major transportation and oil shipment hub on the Shatt al-Arab waterway that leads to the Persian Gulf.

I have to say, even I didn't think we were going to be succeeding quite this rapidly.

2. I'm astonished at how well this war has gone. It's been a very efficient war so far.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world...ain030321.html

Hmm, the subtitle to this thread disappeared.

The above link:

B A G H D A D, Iraq, March 21 — Three top Iraqi leaders — including Saddam Hussein's cousin, the infamous "Chemical Ali" — are believed to have been killed in what would be a major blow to the regime's defense against the U.S.-led onslaught, sources told ABCNEWS.

"Chemical Ali" was the guy who used chemical weapons on the Kurds in the 80s. Good riddance.

4. Re: The Victory Thread

Originally posted by Stone

I have to say, even I didn't think we were going to be succeeding quite this rapidly.
    Hmmm, well, so much the better. The fewer lives lost in this thing the better.

Though seeing Baghdad lit up like a Christmas tree in the nightfall was certainly one of the less uplifting things I've seen in a long time...

5. I'll just post a "howdy" in this thread as I won't be posting much on these boards until the war is over (my bet: Monday). Glued to Fox for the time being.

However, I agree. It's been much smoother than expected. Which is good; very little if any civilian injury so far. When it's all said and done, I look forward to seeing (insert anti-American names here) explain the lack of lost civilian lives and cheering Iraqis (some of which we've already seen).
    bastard of the new world order.

6. Originally posted by Stone
    http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world...ain030321.html

Hmm, the subtitle to this thread disappeared.

The above link:

B A G H D A D, Iraq, March 21 — Three top Iraqi leaders — including Saddam Hussein's cousin, the infamous "Chemical Ali" — are believed to have been killed in what would be a major blow to the regime's defense against the U.S.-led onslaught, sources told ABCNEWS.

"Chemical Ali" was the guy who used chemical weapons on the Kurds in the 80s. Good riddance.
    But but, that was Iran, the CIA said so.

7. Another little interesting snippet:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=HAL&d=t

Halliburton's stock is down. Now, I'm not expecting most of you "war for oil" people to understand the significance of this, but here we go:

1.) The market is way smarter than you.
    2.) If the war was going to help Halliburton, then Halliburton's stock would go up.
    3.) The stock isn't going up.
    4.) The war isn't going to help Halliburton.

Can we even argue about that?

8. I may be showing my finanical ineptitude, but who is Haliburton?

9. Originally posted by CynicalSphere
    I may be showing my finanical ineptitude, but who is Haliburton?
    A corporation Rumsfeld is affiliated with, the main target for people who insist that the Iraq war is just a way to put money into the pockets of either the CEOs of oil companies, or even more specifically, just members of the Bush administration.

10. Urm the Haliburton stock is down becouse fewer Iraqi oil wells are burning then expected.
    Itl soon rise, especially once rebuilding starts inside Iraq or when more wells light up.