Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Man Apart - Official thread

1. ive said it before, and ill say it again:
    Vin Diesel is an assmonkey.

2. Oh, Its so easy to call people names.

Just watched it tonight. It was decent action drama, it mixed action and drama nicely. Vin Diesel was pretty good in it, and I liked his performance.

Its nothing spectacular, or must see, but I liked it. It will make a good rental, if you like action movies.

Pier shoot out was pretty good(best action scene in the film), and felt like a homage to gun battle in Heat.

Well I have mixed feelings on this Movie. First things first this is not xXx or anything close. The preview seem to indicate this is a action oriented film, there are some great bloody gunfights, but the real gist of the Film is Vin playing a greiving Husband who just lost his Wife to a Drug Cartel, it explores the lengths one man would go to avenge a loved one. Larenz Tate is great as Vin's partner and Diesel plays his role well, different from his previous work. I guess I expected something different, but still a film that Vin Diesel fans may apprciate. If your not a fan, you probally won't find anything interesting about this Movie.

4. as everyone knows, i'm a huge vin diesel fan, so of course i was gonna catch this one. like korian said, it's nothing too spectacular in the way of a great film. it does have some good shootouts, and it's a good execution of a story done many times before. if you're a vin fan, definitely check it out. if you're not, then this won't change your mind at all.

i'd have to say, though, this is vin's best acting performance in a starring role. however, he has good screen charisma, which makes the move enjoyable, good acting or not.

5. Does this movie have any relation to Jean-Luc Godard's "Bande a Part" or is the similar name just a coincidence?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Originally posted by sleeveboy
    Does this movie have any relation to Jean-Luc Godard's "Bande a Part" or is the similar name just a coincidence?
    Well the original name for this Vin Diesel Movie was Diablo, so I'm not sure if this is connected or a remake. What is "Bande a part" about?

7. ...

The film wasn't too bad and my only complaint was that it ran a little long. The feeling of the film was better than the high-gloss of XXX -- it felt more like a gritty HK film to me, which I like...action wasn't over the top, but didn't need to be. The only thing it needed was a little better plot, as it was fairly predictable -- a few more twists and it would have been great instead of good...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

8. I saw this last night, and I was pretty suprised- it was very good. The trailer made it look like some sappy love story/cop drama when in reality it was a gritty, harsh action movie and about 100x better than XXX. Vin turned in a fine acting performance, as did everyone else in the movie. It was a little long, but otherwise very cool. It had some nice action scenes. Thumbs up from me.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww