Thread: Can Anyone Reccomend a Good C++ Book?

1. Can Anyone Reccomend a Good C++ Book?

Well, can anyone? The stuff's giving me a hard time, and it's my second time through the first class in the program at my college... I need teh help of teh books. The text book just doesn't cut it (because it sucks, so say the crazy, ultra techno-philes at my school).

2. Teach Yourself C++ In 21 Days

Get that book. The Sams guys are awesome. Jesse Liberty does an amazing job teaching C++ in that book.
    bastard of the new world order.

3. Ah-HA! The same people who do the Java 2 book that I have! Nice! Thankee for the suggestion!

4. i have Dietel and Dietel How to program C++, its ok, you might want to look through it in the bookstore or something, i also have an older copy so, the new versions might be better

i cant really recommend a book, but i can say stay away from the C++ for dummies book, it is horrible it made me more confused than I already was

5. I'm in an intro C++ class right now and my textbook is "C++ Coach - Essentials for Introductory Programming" by Jeff Salvage. It seems pretty decent to me.

6. Come to my high school and take my CS class. Not for the learning, but because my teacher kicks more ass than any teacher ever.

7. I sincerely doubt that. I'd like to see YOUR teacher up in front of the class, swinging his sword left and right, recounting intriguing anecdotes of times gone by. AND KEEPING THE ENTIRE CLASS ENTERTAINED.
    Yes thats right, I make the claim that I had the best teacher ever. And I plan on discounting all comers...yeah.......

8. Originally posted by laymil
    I sincerely doubt that. I'd like to see YOUR teacher up in front of the class, swinging his sword left and right, recounting intriguing anecdotes of times gone by. AND KEEPING THE ENTIRE CLASS ENTERTAINED.
    Yes thats right, I make the claim that I had the best teacher ever. And I plan on discounting all comers...yeah.......
    Sounds like the same guy. My favorite story of his is how his father (a cop) killed someone with a flare gun.