Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Da Ali G Show

1. Da Ali G Show

I wasn't even going to watch it based on the commercials, but since it was on after Bill Maher, I decided to keep watching, and I'm glad I did. The whole thing comes off like Jackass with a brain, and is very well done. The segment with him pretending to be a fashion reporter was hysterical. If you have HBO and you find yourself home on a Friday night, you'd do well to watch the show.

Who else saw it?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. I've seen it. Hes pretty fucking funny. I saw him interviewing extreme animal rights activists, and he asked the question "Would you eat a McNugget if someone said "if you don't eat this McNugget, I'm gonna kill another chicken"?"

He's pretty famous in Britain and Australia. He has a movie, which has its moments.

3. I've been watching videos of Ali G for a couple of years now - he's the fucking KING. I mean, some of the things he gets his guests to say are incredible - I remember one episode where he actually had this UK politician convinced he was black.

Another classic was his interview with CIA board members - he was asking them to hook him up with weed and for the lowdown on Area 51, but it all went over their heads.

Of course, possibly his best moment was getting some random attractive blond actress to agree to have sex with him during the commercial break, on camera. He really is the man. The schtick could easily get tired if he didn't have such a quick wit. He's got a movie out, but I haven't seen it. One day I will.
    -Kyo

4. Shit, I missed it? I thought it looked pretty funny, based on the commercials. And the more I'm hearing about it from you guys is making me want to see it all the more. Will HBO be replaying the first episode at all this week?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Yeah I missed it and Real Time w/ Bill Maher too. I suck.
    Hope I catch it before the next episode.

SC

6. Lucky for me my girlfriend has HBO In Demand, so we ordered the first episode last night. It was okay. There were a couple of really funny bits, but otherwise it was just kinda "eh". But it has potential. I'll probably tape friday's episode and watch it Saturday morning while I eat my breakfast.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. I always found Ali G to be somewhat annoying. I will try to get a tape to see if it was just his initial presence.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. I finally saw both shows. Ali G was a little stupid, but the fashion part was hilarious. Bill Maher was good, but I think they're trying to fit too much in. Cut out all the monologues and stick to the discussion, that's what everyone wants to see, not some diatribe on jews and racism. And what is this a Mr. Show reunion? The one guy who did the thing on terrorism looked like he was trying to do a Back in Black type segment. Both shows need improvement, but I liked them.

SC

9. You know, this show is starting to really grow on me. I really get a kick out of it now. I looked it up on the IMDB and was shocked to find out that Ali G and Borat the Russian guy are the same person!

10. How could you not realize that

Anyways the show isn't very consistent with it's humor for me, but when it's funny, it's funny as hell.