Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August Underground

1. August Underground

I just had the "pleasure" of learning that I'm really not desensitized to violence, that is, I just watched the indie horror movie, August Underground.

This movie is demented. It's like some snuff film that someone made for their own enjoyment. It's all from the point of view of the cameraman, who's videotaping his buddy torture, humiliate and kill several different victims.

It's like watching someones home movies, but instad of a wedding, or a birthday party it's a couple of guys sawing up a dead body and rubbing feces in a wound on a girls tit where her nipple once was.

It's very realistic, and disturbing. I felt unclean after watching it. It's that fucked up. What's really fucked up, though, is that I really like the movie.

Hmm, never heard of it, when did it come out? I thought Guinea Pig was the sickest Horror, heh at least Charlie Sheen did, never saw GP though I'm not sure if I want to.

Sounds sorta like a typical roughie from the 70s.

I'm sure I won't find August Underground at my local Blockbuster.

3. You gotta be kidding me.

There's no fucking way Im watching this. Ever.

Well, its not on Kazaa. Where did you find it?

5. Wow, I thought I was pretty desensitized to violence myself, but this movie sounds waaaay over the top. Part of me wants to see it just to test my limits, and another part wants to run away. I'm torn- I guess I'll have to do some research on this one. Did you rent this movie somewhere or buy it?

*EDIT*- it isn't listed at the IMBD, and just about everything is listed there...weird.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. I agree with DiffusionX, that kind of shit is just sick. I rented Traces of Death back in middle school and I thought it was pretty fucked up. It was kind of interesting to see what real death was like, but I sure as hell didn't want to watch it again when it was over.

As for movies like Guinea Pig, Man Behind the Sun (extremely fucked up movie) and all the real death websites like shownomercy and ogrish, I think it's fucked that people flock to those sites daily to check for new pictures of death and shit. Has anyone seen that video floating around online with the soldier getting his throat cut now THAT is messed up.

7. Originally posted by Doug Branches
    I agree with DiffusionX, that kind of shit is just sick.
    Heh, yeah, funny how you seem to know where all the good websites and movies are, though.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Nothing beats Rotten.com as THE most fucked up site ever. Death pics are bad but nothing beats a guy eating an aborted fetus...Nothing

http://www.flipsidemovies.com/augustunderground.html

Here's a review I found. Don't read if easily offended.

10. Ha, even the reviews require content advisories.