Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf?

1. Golf?

So, I went to the driving range for the first time ever last year.

I didn't want to go, I thought I'd hate it, it's only for "yuppie cake-eaters", blah blah blah.

Anyways, I get out there, I was all nervous 'cause all my friends were along and I figured I'd suck.

I was using a 5 wood, was hitting 200-240yds on average, and straight as a mo'fo.

My friends accused me of playing before, but that was seriously the first time. So now I'm the work "Happy Gilmore", and I've been signed up by friends/co-workers for tons of leagues n' crap.

So fast-foward to this year, I'm gonna go buy a few nice clubs and see if last years driving range excursions were a fluke or not.

I can't believe I actually like golf.

Any other golf fans?

2. I'm not good. At all. I leave holes all over. But I do have fun hitting the balls around.

Mainly, I go to a driving range about 2 miles from my house and just swing away. Never really golfed before, as I'm sure they'd kick me off in an instant.
    bastard of the new world order.

3. I think I'll stick to mini-golf. Regular golf requires way too much depth perception for me.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Yea, thats probably a good idea.

I'm not sure if enjoyed it just because I was doing so well, or if I really was having a good time.

I'll see soon enough I suppose.

5. If it doesn't work out, you can always use the clubs to commit various violent crimes.
    bastard of the new world order.

6. Good point.

"The Casey Jones Murders"

7. i'm pretty good at golf. my dad thought i was excelent and entered me in a tournament. i got 1st net and 2nd in gross

8. Ha, Never played Golf before. I'm not sure if I actually want to. Many people at work play, and we also sponsor Golf for Charity event, but I never was interested enough to try it.

9. Originally posted by Despair
    Ha, Never played Golf before. I'm not sure if I actually want to. Many people at work play, and we also sponsor Golf for Charity event, but I never was interested enough to try it.
    That's what I've been saying for years.

You should try hitting the driving range once with your friends, you'll know within ten minutes if you ever wanna go back.

I mean if I can enjoy golf, I think anybody can.

10. Eh, Im not a big golfer, but it is fun. Which course did you go to Kidnemo?
    your mom