Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10121314

Thread: Angel and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

1. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G
    Season 6 had its great moments but I'd still put it behind the first 3. The musical episode was pure brilliance though.
    Yeah, like I said, most of their experimental episodes were in 6. Aside from the one you're talking about ("Once More with Feeling") I'd say that "Normal Again" (The one where they try to play it off that the entire series has been Buffy's hallucinations in an asylum, which while not original in and of itself, I thought it makes perfect sense when taken in context of the show) was another real gem.

Although, my favorite episode is still "Hush".
    Time for a change

2. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G
    It was like one giant freaking episode (that started toward the tail end of season 3). I can see why the ratings dropped that year. If you missed any of it you'd of been lost. Plus I hated the long ass montages at the beginning of each episode to keep you up to date. The whole Conner deal was the show's biggest downfall, it could have been handled so much better. But they did do a good job of closing it up in Season 5.

I may go back and start watching all of both series again here soon (after I finish Red Dwarf). Since Angel's final season is coming out soon and I'll then have it all on DVD. Haven't watched Buffy at all in about 2 years now and just the last Angel season in the same amount of time. Should take up a good couple of months to get through it all too.
    I didn't mind the longer, linked episodes. What I did mind, was the weird writing. That lady being born out of Chordelia was weird, and uninteresting to me. The whole conner with cordelia was gross and disturbing. The beast was such a cool enemy, and for some reason they kill him off by Angel with a weapon he crafted himself.

I'm sure there's symbolism and meaning in all of it, as all Joss's work has this, but at face value I wasn't intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Yeah, like I said, most of their experimental episodes were in 6. Aside from the one you're talking about ("Once More with Feeling") I'd say that "Normal Again" (The one where they try to play it off that the entire series has been Buffy's hallucinations in an asylum, which while not original in and of itself, I thought it makes perfect sense when taken in context of the show) was another real gem.

Although, my favorite episode is still "Hush".
    I liked Hush the best, too, (most people did) But next to that was The Body. That episode was just so well-directed. It felt real.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."