Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Shinobi sequel?

1. Originally posted by Frogacuda
    A) There were ALOT of parts where you weren't figting anything and almost the entire game had you on some kind of fetch quest.

B) I don't think you know how to play Shinobi or something. I could just as easily respond by saying Shinobi has more to it, because you not only run, dash, slash, throw shuriukens, double jump and wall run, but you need to tate and maintain you yin to keep from dying, not only adding depth, but challenge, pressure, and maintaing a lightning pace. If you'd played shinobi for more than a few stages you'd appreciate these things.
    A) Again, I don't remember that many fetch quests, but I haven't played in a while.

B) I've put a good couple hours into Shinobi, although I admittedly haven't finished it. Enough to understand the gameplay mechanics. And yeah, the depleting life meter is cool I guess, but it hardly makes the game. You can run through DMC's levels quickly too, it's just that you won't die if you decide not to. And tate is fun, but it gets old after a couple of levels - it basically boils down to lock onto an enemy, dash, slash, and repeat until you get a cutscene.

Originally posted by MechDues
    Actually, it's just because he knows what he's talking about, while you never do. Okies, I'm through here.
    For someone who's convinced Sin & Punishment is the best game ever created, you should be far more accepting of other people's opinions.

2. Originally posted by Tyler_Durden
    For someone who's convinced Sin & Punishment is the best game ever created, you should be far more accepting of other people's opinions.
    But it is one of the best games ever, and he is accepting of your opinion, just not your ability to defend it.

Devil May Cry and PS2 Shinobi are both good but flawed games. DMC has its extremely annoying camera angles and lack of originality(it feels too much like the survival horror games before it) and PS2 Shinobi had bland level design.

Sin & Punishment is one of the best games out there.

And Shinobi 3 will likely remain the best ninja game until the end of time(I hope not).

4. Sin & Punishment is one of the best games ever made, but the best? I don't think so, but I respect Mech's opinion. I just ask that he do the same.

And btw, since apparently I can't defend my opinions nearly as well as Despair:

DMC is fun game. It is hardcore action game. Its got lots of swords and demons and stuff. Very dark. If you want to, you could even play it on lots of different difficulty levels, like we do. DMD mode is so fun and we play it all the time. We like it because its not kiddie game, like Nintendo game.

I don't know how you could possibly counter that brilliant argument.

5. Originally posted by Tyler_Durden
    Sin & Punishment is one of the best games ever made, but the best?
    It's a fair contender for it, and I have considered it such at various points.

Anyway, if DMC were more consistent and more strategic it would be a much better game, but as it stands it's seriously flawed.