Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another classic gets a churned out sequel

1. Another classic gets a churned out sequel

While at Wal-mart today I got the shock of seeing Charlotte's Web 2 playing on a TV. Dubbed "Wilbur's Great Adventure",, (or something like that) it features cuter and more colorful characters, and from watching a few minutes, it has the script standards of a Land Before Time movie.

I might be overreacting but Charlotte's Web always seemed like one of those movies that shouldn't get a sequel let alone a straight to home, two hour piece of filler with a message tacked on. It was a child-hood classic (at least the book) and this just shows the decreasing standards and lust for money by studios today. Thoughts? *-neo

2. .....didn't Charlotte die?

Does it star one her babies?

3. Originally posted by Regus
    .....didn't Charlotte die?

Does it star one her babies?
    Yep, she died. The few minutes I watched had Wilbur running around with a goat, didn't see any of the spiders... *-neo

4. Sacrilege.

The original movie is indeed a classic and the book is even better. I feel about this the same way I feel about Peter Pan 2, Jungle Book 2, and the 400+ Aladdin movies. Cash runs, all of them.

Hmm. This reminds me that I just saw the Charlotte's Web DVD at Wal-Mart for like $11. I'll have to pick that up.

5. i had a big feeling this thread was going to be about Charlotte's Web 2. not at all cool.

6. EB White is rolling around in his grave... as he should! Charlotte's Web was the first "real" book I read when I was a kid. I must've read it like 12 times. It's a brilliant book. I swear to you I think reading that book and embracing it helped my brain growth process in the critical early years of my development. The movie from the 1970s is great too...

now this... this... this? Are companies this heartless and cruel? Do they care so little about our precious childhood memories that they decide to stomp on them and release this. Don't these people have a soul? Didn't they read Charlotte's Web when they were a kid? How dare they!

What type of parent would buy this swill for their child? I'd rather just give my kid the fucking book to read... at least maybe he or she would get something out of it more than the fact that America is run by soulless capitalist pigs (pun not intended).

Im sorry, this is about 600x worse than all those Land Before Times, or fucking Aladdin, or what not.

7. hrm.... i havent read/watched this is quiet awhie.

how many Land Before Times are there now? like 8? why dont those goddamn dinosaurs die already? wheres that asteroid....

8. Disney is running out of ideas so their milking the shit out of whatever they can. I think its a damn shame that rather than spending the money to do these sequels justice, they shit out a quick straight to home video release. I felt betrayed when they released those cheap Aladdin sequels. Sacrilege!
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

9. Charlotte's Web was one of my favorite childhood novels and animated movies. The fact that they bastardize the memory of the classic with a cheap-ass cash-in is beyond disgraceful.

Ah well, hopefully this quickly fades into the depths of history and we can all pretend it never existed.
    omg TNL epics!

10. Originally posted by Lordmrw
    Disney is running out of ideas so their milking the shit out of whatever they can. I think its a damn shame that rather than spending the money to do these sequels justice, they shit out a quick straight to home video release. I felt betrayed when they released those cheap Aladdin sequels. Sacrilege!
    They're not running out of ideas, it's just that video sequels are extremely lucrative (often more than theatrical releases, original or not).