Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best GBA shmup?

1. Best GBA shmup?

I'm looking for a good shmup to play on my new GBA SP, I just realized I don't own any. Import or domestic, it doesn't matter. Vertical is preferable.

2. Unfortunately there really aren't any great shmups for the GBA. Gradius Galaxies is fun if you like Gradius but there's been better games in that series. Phalanx is a near perfect port of a decent SNES shooter. And Robotech is a very average shooter. Hmmmmm I think there was 1 import shooter as well, but it's slipping my mind at the moment.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. R type 3 if it's been released.

4. No, that hasn't been released yet.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Gradius Galaxies is all the GBA shmupping you'll need -- at least until R-Type III comes out.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. Darius R... that was it.

7. There was a super R-Type or something for Gameboy color, think it was a port of the SNES version. Don't know if that'd suit your tastes.

8. Iridion's ok. Iridion 2 looks like it might be what you're looking for.

9. I used Gradius Galaxies to break in my new GBA SP last night. Unfortunately, I found the system's d-pad to still be unsatisfactory for the super-fine maneuvers required by a Gradius game. I'd consider it only 75% playable. Darn tiny d-pads.

10. Thanks for the opinions guys. I think I'll pick up Gradius Galaxies, and maybe Darius R as well.