Thread: Equinox - Anyone play this SNES game?

Equinox - Anyone play this SNES game?

I Don't currently have a SNES now at least for the time being but I was able to find a Complete pretty much mint copy of Equinox for $2.50 so I got it.

So has anyone played it? I believe it's the pseudo sequel to the NES classic Solstice, which has a similar 3/4 perspective.

Sony Imagesoft label is on the package too.

The game looks to be some sort of Action RPG...

2. I never played the sequal, but I have played Solstice, and this game rocks so damn hard!

To this day I have to even come close to beating it, I remember getting to whatever underground area is beyond the garden/forest, and the game just trounced me. One of these days I shall defeat this game.

Equinox:

Looks cool.

3. I was looking forward to it for a loong time (game took forever to come out), but when I finally got to play it I found Equinox kinda sloppy. It had the look of a potentially great game but the dungeons were boring, sound was lackluster, and the control wasn't too great.

For that price Korian you may have better luck though

*-neo

4. I damn near beat Solstice... with the infinite potion trick. My hat is off -- way off -- to anyone that can do it otherwise.

5. I agree w/ neoalphazero. It just didn't seem fun. The music did seem good, but was so crazily quiet that you had to crank up the TV volume to actually hear it.

6. I always anticipated that I'd love Equinox as much as I did Landstalker and Solstice before it, same general gameplay archetype. But for some reason, it never really clicked with me...the insane difficulty might've had something to do with it. The eerily quiet overworld didn't help either.

When I eventually have access to my old systems again, I'll probably give it another whirl, see if I can get anywhere the second time around
    omg TNL epics!

7. Equinox and Solstice "difficult"??

There were ifinitely harder games in those days, the most evil one being "burai fighter", you pretty much had to beat the entire game without losing a life because you were screwed without decent power up when you died.

Has anyone actually beaten the damn game(burai fighter) on hard? What was the ending(it was one of those games that you had to beat on hard to get the ending)?

8. When you beat Burai Fighter on hard, it opens up another difficulty level, something like Ace. I never bothered to keep playing it after unlocking that to see if you got a better ending.

And i didn't find the game that hard to begin with.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

9. holy shit.. i remember burai fighter.. picked it up used from blockbuster like 20 years ago..

i thought it was so obscure i'd never hear about it again.. i remember i did well in the game though.. i'll have to find the rom so i can check it out later..
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

10. Burai Fighter is pure evil and anyone who thinks the game is easy is a flat-out liar or never tried to complete the game. Yes, there is the ACE difficulty, but after that, there's ULTIMATE difficulty (even on ACE, you won't get the ending). I spent about three days trying to fully complete the game but I couldn't finish the final level on ULTIMATE difficulty (password is ICHI if anyone wants to try). There's a seemingly randomly activated secret passage in the final level which gives you a ton of power-ups and warps you almost directly to the boss. Even with those, I couldn't beat him and was never able to get to the secret passage again.

As for Equinox, I never played it but I thought it looked real neat. I only saw the commercial once when the game was first released, and it almost made me jealous of those that had a SNES.