Page 15 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bemani thread. Update: New IIDX on the way!

1. Some punk cleared V [Another.] And he got an A, no less.

But... He used Auto Scratch. Thank God.
    I think I could do that.

On 7keys.

2. V Another on Auto Scratch...HAW HAW..What a freaking loser. No doubt he had easy on as well.

is not impressed by scrubs
    Play Guitar Hero //

3. Well it finally happened.... and right on the heels of my first clearing of a 6 star song(Sync - Light7). What happened? My keys are sticking. I've only had the controller for like 8 months, if that. I took it apart and cleaned the keys and for the most part they seem better, but one key still feels as though it will stick. I spent $100 on this thing so I'm not about to start hacking it up. Is there anyway to prevent the sticking apart from sanding the keys? Piece of shit.....

4. Move on to 7 key you people!
    Play Guitar Hero //

5. Is there anyway to prevent the sticking apart from sanding the keys? Piece of shit.....
    I had mine for a month before they started sticking. You lucked out.

When one of the keys was getting sticky, I was reluctant to open the controller up, and left it. Problem kinda went away for a few weeks, but then all hell broke loose and I couldn't pass a thing. So, I opened it up, did some light, light sanding on the problem keys, and boom.

I've heard that tiny amounts of oil help, but I haven't tried it.

Hell, I've heard of inserting springs into the damn thing. And to be honest, it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

6. Move on to 7 key you people!
    If you are refering to me, I do also play 7Key. It's not exactly fun completely failing every other song, so I practice with Light7. And of course, now that I was actually getting better at the game my controller decides to take a shit. At least I don't play it on easy with auto scratch turned on...

Tain,
    A month??? That's just wrong. Did you try getting in touch with where you bought the controller from? I've also heard about the spring mod and I'm thinking of trying it out. I don't really want to sand the keys because I paid $100 for this thing and I don't want to ruin it. It's not like they sell replacements anywhere so if I sand it too much, I'm screwed. Have you had any further problems since you sanded the keys down? Is this a permenant fix or do you have to keep doing it every so often until eventually your keys are ruined?

7. Tain,
    A month??? That's just wrong. Did you try getting in touch with where you bought the controller from? I've also heard about the spring mod and I'm thinking of trying it out. I don't really want to sand the keys because I paid $100 for this thing and I don't want to ruin it. It's not like they sell replacements anywhere so if I sand it too much, I'm screwed. Have you had any further problems since you sanded the keys down? Is this a permenant fix or do you have to keep doing it every so often until eventually your keys are ruined?
    Only took a month for a friend of mine, too. I probably put in 100 hours within that first month, though, so take that as you will.

I haven't had any problems since. Just took the finest possible sanding paper, lightly went over the sides and corners of the keys, and put the controller back together. Said friend of mine actually thought you sanded the outside of the keys, so his controller is a tad scratched up.

8. Ok, so I've gotten slightly better at IIDX by now. I can now pass pretty much any level 4 song on Light 7 but I'm having trouble with level 5 songs. It seems like many level 5 songs require me to use a hand that already required to be hitting other keys near that time or so. I know, I suck at explaining this but the scratching also seems very awkward when things get hectic, any tips?
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tragic
    Ok, so I've gotten slightly better at IIDX by now. I can now pass pretty much any level 4 song on Light 7 but I'm having trouble with level 5 songs. It seems like many level 5 songs require me to use a hand that already required to be hitting other keys near that time or so. I know, I suck at explaining this but the scratching also seems very awkward when things get hectic, any tips?
    Are you pinky-scratching? Learn how to pinky-scratch now. It makes things VERY easier.

10. Quote Originally Posted by SXA
    Are you pinky-scratching? Learn how to pinky-scratch now. It makes things VERY easier.
    How the hell do I do it? I really am having a problem with scratching when things are hectic key wise.

On another note, I was at the Break today and after a bit of practice passed Era, Colors, and one other level 5 song on Light 7 with little problems. Hurray!
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.