Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bemani thread. Update: New IIDX on the way!

1. 3rd Style is on it's way. Thanks for the help.

2. HEHEHE...

Make sure you watch the videos for 'Dream' and 'Macho Gang'.

Hell, me and my friends still joke abou the 'Dream' video.

*Waves*
    Play Guitar Hero //

3. Enjoy it, Tain. I really need a new version, myself... But I'll feel guilty getting one without having cleared all the 7 Key songs in 5th.

Plus I need moneys.

4. Make sure you watch the videos for 'Dream' and 'Macho Gang'.
    With a name like 'Macho Gang' by 'Anal Spyder', I can't even imagine how strange the video will be.

Enjoy it, Tain. I really need a new version, myself... But I'll feel guilty getting one without having cleared all the 7 Key songs in 5th.
    I was (am) nowhere near doing that, myself. In fact, I'm almost "stuck", as far as my skill development goes. I can only pass half of the sixes, and three or so sevens. Figured that some variety would be nice, I guess.

5. Yea, same here. Not even half for me, though. About 26/60, I think. That means no sevens, and maybe a couple of sixes. I'm definitely in a hole/

Variety, yes. Sounds good to me... I think I'll get 3rd next as well, whenever that may be.

6. Originally posted by hayato42
    I wouldn't trust that toooo much. arcade mixes have a crapload more songs than the home mixes.

example: 6th style home has 70 songs, 6th style arcade has 130.
    That's one thing I don't like on the home ports of Bemani titles. On the arcade version, it's nice to be able to pick your best songs from various mixes to go for high scores.

Usually Konami will not hold over songs from past mixes on home versions- i.e. you won't find Hypnotica (from the original Drummania) or Centaur (first seen in DM2nd) in the home version of Drummania 3rd Mix.

DM3's Killer Queen was dropped from the home version of DM3rd (this Queen cover probably got cut due to license limitations) and so was Sakura no Toki.

7. Just got the game and spent four or so hours with it.

Damn. The interface and videos are... different. I'm amazed at how different this looks when compared to IIDX 6th. Some of the generic clips are hilarious ("HOW DO I ENTER A RAINBOW?"), the video for Dream is horrid, and Macho Gang has the coolest IIDX video I've seen.

The game is pretty damn fun. The difficulty is pretty much what I had expected, and it's challenging enough for me. At the moment, at least. So far, Schlagwerk, Era, End of the Century, .59, and Take On Me are my favorites.

Also, while pretty unrelated, this has been bugging me for a while... What arcade hardware was the original IIDX on?

8. Originally posted by Tain
    Also, while pretty unrelated, this has been bugging me for a while... What arcade hardware was the original IIDX on?
    I thought custom hardware. But I could be wrong.

Must... play... Schla! What star difficlty is it in Light and 7 Key, anyway? Just out of curiousity.

9. The PSOne-based hardware was what I initially thought of, but custom hardware makes sense.

Schlagwerk is a 6. Light7 was introduced in 3rd Style, I believe. Like Another, it doesn't give star ratings to Light7 songs. Hell, some songs don't even have Light7.

10. Knowlege up. Thanks for that info. Never knew...