Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bemani thread. Update: New IIDX on the way!

1. Hmmm, looks like it's time for me to get a new BEMANI game as well. Practice up, you know. I'm still not good enough for the score board, but I'm on my way.

What's up with this Schlagwerk song?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

2. Woah, dude! The F-bomb, right there in the begining, loud enough for my 2 year old brother to hear.

The song was nice though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. Originally posted by Tain
    Just got the game and spent four or so hours with it.

Damn. The interface and videos are... different. I'm amazed at how different this looks when compared to IIDX 6th. Some of the generic clips are hilarious ("HOW DO I ENTER A RAINBOW?"), the video for Dream is horrid, and Macho Gang has the coolest IIDX video I've seen.
    FUCK.
    YOU.

The video for Dream is AWWEEEESOME XD!!!

*Waves*

My favorite piece of 3rd Style Engrish..

"The vibrations that make happiness visible"

Mmmm..
    Play Guitar Hero //

4. "The vibrations that make happiness visible"
    Yes, I remember seeing that one...

Anyway, score thread up. Signature updated to reflect this.

5. Okay, it's that time again. I've got cash to blow, and a new Beatmania title sounds like a good idea. I still play a lot of 3rd and 6th Style, but more is never a bad thing.

Since Thief~Silver has 6th+Core, I'm gonna hold off on buying that for a little bit. I was thinking of Best Hits and possibly one of the cheaper append discs alongside it. Unless anyone wants to part with 4th Style for under $60, of course.

Is Best Hits a good idea? What about the original PSX Beatmania? And as for appends, GottaMix? GottaMix 2? 3rd? 4th? 5th?

Oh, and I just now see that I can get the original PSX Beatmania, Append 3rd, Gottamix, and an ASCII 5-key controller for a grand total of $55. Should I go for it?

6. Don't buy a 5 key controller. Just use your IIDX controller.

In fact, lets just not go for 5 key mixes unless it's 6th+ Core or Club Mix.

Go find 4th Style.
    Play Guitar Hero //

7. I just got 4th Style, and holy fuck is it great!
    Jive into the Night and Fantasy are two of the greatest IIDX songs I've ever heard.

Interface-wise: It's better than 3rd, but not as good as 5th (or 6th for that matter). It saves songs that have been beaten, and individual song scores (unlike 3rd)... But, high-speed modifiers can only be changed before the song selection screen (like 3rd).

8. 7th has the best interface.

Then of course the game also nose dived right after 7th.

It was the whole reason I got back into Pop'N.
    Play Guitar Hero //

9. On a side note, I still have my IIDX 3rd and turntable in the orriginal box, waiting for the day I can play PS2 imports.... #%^*$n' lockouts.