Page 5 of 130 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bemani thread. Update: New IIDX on the way!

1. Best Hits arrived, finally. Just like with 6th + Core, I was initially kinda disappointed, but that changed after a little bit of time with it.

Yay: I really like a lot of the songs. Hell Scaper (omfgawesome), Ska A Go Go, Metal Gear Solid, and La Bossanova De Fabienne are my current favorites. Seems challenging enough, too (some of the songs I can pass in IIDX, like Earth Light, Genom Screams, R3, Luv To Me Disco, ect. kick my ass in this, and then there's Hell Scaper...), and has a pretty nice spread of song difficulties.

Boo, hiss: No turntable display switching, so I pretty much need to flip my controller whenever I play it. There seems to be only one hi-speed, which pretty much sucks. Finally, most songs only have one or two difficulties.

I'm liking it. Those other three and that ASCII controller had better come in soon. Now, to buy a PSone memory card.

2. I just got 3rd Stlye the other day as well... Schlagwerk at last! Rapture.

Other notable goodies: Calcutta, Holic, Electro Tuned, S.O.S., Digital Mind...

But there are a shitload of crappy pop-ish songs that I rather nor go near... Oh well.

The interface is kinda annoying after having played 5th Style, but nothing major. Not being able to adjust the speed of indiviual songs in Arcade is a bit of a downer, as well.

It's all good... It should keep me busy for a while.

On a kinda-but-barely related note: crap, I kinda want a Pop'N AS controller. Must resist. We'll see what happens.

Originally posted by Tain
    No turntable display switching
    6+C is the only one nice enough to allow that one.
    There seems to be only one hi-speed
    Have fun with 2nd, 3rd, Gottamix1, and 4th, which have no hi-speed.

Yeah... when you start getting to the first titles and you have all of those points combined with songs that are organized by genre instead of title, it gets pretty messy.

... in other "news", IIDX7 PS2 is not coming out. Again. Soon. Or something.

4. Have fun with 2nd, 3rd, Gottamix1, and 4th, which have no hi-speed.
    Ung. That's not right.

... in other "news", IIDX7 PS2 is not coming out. Again. Soon. Or something.
    And that's even worse.

=/

5. Ok... relative IIDX newbie here. My local arcade (8 on the Break, incase I haven't said it enough) just got it's first IIDX title in the form of 8th Style. I'm in love with it! My favorite songs so far are "Yesterday" and "9 O' Clocks" (I'm a sucker for jazz. I have so much more fun then I ever did on the 6th Mix 5-Key they've had.

Anyway, I really want to play this at home. I know that 8th Style isn't availble for home (and probably won't ever be) but I do want some form of IIDX in my house. So... where do I get this stuff. The controller and game that is. I want to spend as little as possible but and I look all over import shops and find absolutly nothing.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

6. SVGL got 9th Style yeterday.

I yawned and went to work.

I'll probably pick up a controller and 7th Style when it finally comes out since my FlipTop is on it's way.

Hey Tragic, if you're an emo'ish looking guy and you were playing yesterday with some guy you considered good, I think you were playing with one of my online friends-

while at the break, i also met these two emo-ish dudes that were just learning to play. besides the fact that one of them played 9 o'clocks light7 something like 4 times while i was there, they were pretty cool. i got commended on my... ahem, "skills" which definitely was an ego-booster. they actually applauded when i finished a set thet ended with murmur twins which was real cool too,
    9 O'Clocks Another is fresh as hell. Yesterday is weak, go play "Love Generation", "Heartbeat", "Solid Gold" and the two Jeff Coote songs "Blame" and "Blown my Heart Away" for some good eurobeat. Oh, and "Romeo and Juliet" too. They took out ParaParaParadise in 8th Style...more to the MEH factor.
    Play Guitar Hero //

7. Holy shit, that was me! Yes, I did play 9 O' Clocks over and over, but hey, that's how I learn. I'm really new to IIDX so I like playing some of the same songs to get a feel for where the keys are and such. Sorry I annoyed that kid, he was a nice guy.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

8. I don't think you annoyed him. The funniest thing is, I think hes in my IRC channel right now but I forgot whos LJ belongs to who..
    Play Guitar Hero //

9. I still haven't found IIDX 4th Style. I came very close to blowing the $80 a piece on 4th Style and GF 3rd & DM 2nd at ToysNJoys. Before I did, someone from Japan offered to look for the two games for me. So far, he's had no luck. On the opposite end of the spectrum, he was able to track down a Saturn game that is very obscure(in both Japan and the US). Oh well, at least I've got Pop N Music 8 to tide me over for now. One of these days 4th Style will be mine....

10. I would just bite the bullet and get it for 80 bucks. If it's this hard to find now (And believe me, it is. You're not the only person whos complained of this) just imagine in say, a year from now.

Im hoping I can track down a copy whenever I decided to take the dive.
    Play Guitar Hero //