Page 1 of 130 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bemani thread. Update: New IIDX on the way!

1. The Bemani thread

So, I've scraped up enough cash for a new Beatmania title. I love IIDX 6th, and it still has tons of playing left in it, obviously, but I'd like something else.

IIDX 3rd - Well, it seems okay, from what I can tell. 80 songs (Schlagwerk!), and it's fairly cheap.

IIDX 4th - I know nothing about this release. Anyone care to enlighten me?

IIDX 5th - This seems pretty good, but I don't know too much about it.

Beatmania 6th Mix + Core Remix - Some tell me that this is the best 5-key release.

Beatmania Best Hits - Others tell me that this is the best 5-key release.

Other - Well, I guess I could wait and see what happens with konamistyle.com and IIDX 7th...

2. I personally like my GottaMix, but you IIDX fans seem to distance yourselves from the 5-key stuff...
    ...'specially a weird mix like this.

3. I thought Schlagwerk! was in 4th Style too, no?

http://www10.ocn.ne.jp/~sarah/beathome.htm

Guess not. #$%^. Well, I personally was going to go from 5th to 4th to 6th. Now that I see that Schlagwerk! is in 3rd only, I'll have to rethink that. I need to play that damned song.

Anyway, look over that song list and see what you think. I only have 5th right now and I like the song list for the most part... There are more than a few songs I never have to tough again because they suck so much, but there are those songs that I just play over and over again because I like them so much. The Beginner mode was great, but I doubt you'll need to go through that now. Drill Mode is packed with a crapload of litte... drills, too. Blahblah...

I guess it all comes down to the songs. 3rd looks like it has a few songs I know I'd like to play: Schlagwerk!, S.O.S [such cheese], Take on Me [again, such sweet Japanese cheese]... I haven't heard of many of the songs in 4th...

If I were you, I'd get another version of IIDX. I guess you can't really go wrong with any of them... You know you'll want to get all of them eventually... Or that may just be my thinking.

4. This is kinda related, but what is the Beatmania stuff??
    I have no clue what you guys are talking about!??
    Someone care to explain?
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers

5. This is kinda related, but what is the Beatmania stuff??
    I have no clue what you guys are talking about!??
    Someone care to explain?
    Beatmania is a series (well, multiple series, actually) of music games that involve keys and a turntable. There are home releases on the import PSX and import PS2. Addictive as hell, and insanely difficult.

I thought Schlagwerk! was in 4th Style too, no?

http://www10.ocn.ne.jp/~sarah/beathome.htm

Guess not. #$%^. Well, I personally was going to go from 5th to 4th to 6th. Now that I see that Schlagwerk! is in 3rd only, I'll have to rethink that. I need to play that damned song.
    It looks like that list is only the new songs in each version. I've been looking for a PS2 4th Style song list for ages, but I can't seem to find anything. I'd guess that it has Schlagwerk, myself.

I guess it all comes down to the songs. 3rd looks like it has a few songs I know I'd like to play: Schlagwerk!, S.O.S [such cheese], Take on Me [again, such sweet Japanese cheese]... I haven't heard of many of the songs in 4th...
    Heh, yeah, I'd love to play Take on Me. I'm leaning toward 3rd right now, but I need more info on 4th. That is, if Konami doesn't decide to release 7th Style.

Oh, that reminds me. Check the last page of the IIDX 6th score thread by April 2nd, if you want to see IIDX 7th on the PS2.

If I were you, I'd get another version of IIDX. I guess you can't really go wrong with any of them... You know you'll want to get all of them eventually...
    Of course. But, I also know that I'll eventually want to get some 5-key stuff, as well.

Gah. Why must this series be so massive?

6. Shit, yea. So much for looking at that list for more than five seconds. Yea, Schlagwerk is in 4th. Now I remember that it was in a 4th Style video I saw...

Yea, I noticed that 7th Style deal on bemanistyle. Cross your fingers until they hurt.

Hell, go for 3rd so you can play them in order up to 5th. Why? I don't know. Sounds logical or something like that.

7. Originally posted by Click_Stick
    Yea, Schlagwerk is in 4th. Now I remember that it was in a 4th Style video I saw...

I wouldn't trust that toooo much. arcade mixes have a crapload more songs than the home mixes.

example: 6th style home has 70 songs, 6th style arcade has 130.

8. If you have 6th Style then do NOT get 5th Style. Everything decent on 5th Style made it's way to 6th Style. All you'll be missing is random stuff like 'Still My Words'. Not that big of a loss but considering that 6th Style already has 'QQQ', 'V' and 'Outer Wall' you're pretty much set.

3rd and 4th Style are totally my favorite home styles, just because the music was so good back then. The only problem is that difficult songs are few and far between. For 3rd Style theres Holic [A], Macho Gang [A], Schlagwerk [A] and uhhhh...I think thats it. 4th Style has Get On Beat ~Wild Style~, Luv To Me ~Ucchies Edition~ [A], DXY [A], B4U [A] and uhh...hah..thats all I can think of.

Basically, you're not going to be playing 3rd and 4th Style for a challenge, you're going to be playing them because they're the most fun of the styles. Whenever I play the two, I make sure to play-

3rd Style
    Dream
    Is This Love?
    Love Or Truth
    Been So Long
    Second Style
    S.O.S (THE TIGER TOOK MY FAMILY)
    S.O.S (HI-SPEED DANCE EXPRESS)
    Macho Gang
    Take On Me
    R5
    Make Your Move
    End Of The Century
    Dynamite Rave

4th Style
    I'm For Real
    Girigiri Daddy
    New York City Boy
    Twin Bee ~ Generation X ~
    Ultra High Heels
    CONGA
    Diamond Jealousy
    Hitch Hiker 2
    Kamikaze
    R10K
    Starmine
    B4U
    Checkin You Out
    Empathy
    Fantasy

Minimilion
    Final Count Down

Oh, I forgot to mention that 4th Style was my favorite, songs wise with 7th Style right behind it =X
    Play Guitar Hero //

9. Thanks for the info, everybody. I'm waiting to see what happens with this 7th Style thing, no doubt, but if nothing comes of it, I'll probably get 3rd.

Basically, you're not going to be playing 3rd and 4th Style for a challenge, you're going to be playing them because they're the most fun of the styles.
    Eh, at the moment, I'm sure that 3rd and 4th would give me enough of a challenge. I still have trouble with half of the 7key songs (and pretty much all of the Anothers) in 6th.

Not that big of a loss but considering that 6th Style already has 'QQQ', 'V' and 'Outer Wall' you're pretty much set.
    As far as I can tell, 6th home doesn't have QQQ.

10. Oh. Damn, I could have sworn it did. Well..I guess 'QQQ' and 'Still My Words' are worth owning 5th Style for. Just don't jump for it =X
    Play Guitar Hero //