Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am for cell phones being used while driving

1. I am for cell phones being used while driving

I am for cell phones being used while driving.

That is the topic of my 2000 word research paper that I have to write. If anyone could be so kind to give me some ideas/input, that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. 2000 words?! What the Hell kind of wussy "research paper" is that?!

To stay on topic, I cannot help you at all. I'm that guy who thinks if someone is talking on a cellphone without a headset in a car, they should have said phone shoved down their throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. Rebecca Gayheart ran over and killed a kid while she was talking on her cellphone and driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

Dude in my office got into 2 traffic accidents in one week, both times, he was on the cell phone not paying attention to the road.

I wish I could help you Shinobi, but that topic goes against what I believe is right. I'm sure someone here can help you, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

5. Heres my idea..

Write a paper on why it should be against the law to use a cell phone without a reciever or headset while driving.

That would be music easier =D
    Play Guitar Hero //

6. Originally posted by Captain Vegetable
    I'm that guy who thinks if someone is talking on a cellphone without a headset in a car, they should have said phone shoved down their throat.
    I agree. Did you pick this topic or was it assigned? Because if you chose it, then there must be a reason why you believe it to be okay. Start with that.

SC

7. dude. you should know how to write your own damn paper without coming to a forum for ideas. you get my vote for pathetic student of the month

2000 words? that's nothing. jeremy writes up that much easily just to write his introduction

8. This is for my speech class, if it was for English class I'm sure I would have to do a 15 page paper on it.

We had a list of topics to choose from. When you picked a topic, you picked to be either for it or against it. "Against it" was already taken, and all the other good topics were taken. It was either this or other topics such as "for/against gay adoptions" and "for/against Allowing social security fun investment in stock markets."

I don't believe in this either, but I'm just the student who is doing what was assigned. *shrug*

9. edit: Oh... I read your topic. Damn... that sucks. I dont know what I would put... there is no convincing evidence whatsoever that says that using cell phones while driving is a good thing. I mean, how can anybody be for it when it causes hundreds of accidents a year and stupid actresses kill children because of it?

10. Put a twist on it. Write about how you enjoy watching people get their just desserts for yapping on the horn in the car, getting into accidents, hurting people, etc. because they're not paying attention. That's why you're all for cellphones being used while driving.

That's what I'd do.