Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know any home remedies to get your voice back?

1. Anyone know any home remedies to get your voice back?

I've been sick as hell for about a week, and I'm all but better thanks to about $50 worth of cough medicine, but even though I'm not coughing anymore, I sound like an 80 year old man with lung cancer. My voice breaks and skips and when it doesn't I sound like I'm talking through a box in my throat. Someone told me to gargle out my throat with salt water, but that didn't help, anyone else have any ideas?

Tea with Honey, but if you don't need to sing or talk alot it's better to just rest your voice and drink lots of water, yeah that works for me.

3. Male ejaculation works like a charm.

4. you've gotta gargle with salt water every couple hours for about a day, then sleep. Gargling just once doesn't work. Its a good 24 hour remedy.

5. Take some ginger and make tea out of it.

Sliver up a small peeled ginger root and place it in a small pot of water. When this is boiled, the tea should turn a yellowish (straw) or tan color. Throw in 3 tbsp. of your favorite honey and sip it slow. It'll kinda tingle going down. After you sip it, gently clear your throat. This tea is great for trying to get your voice back after a cold.

Talk as little as possible in the meantime. Don't even whisper- surprisingly in that case, your vocal cords will slam together as if you are SHOUTING.

6. Clear your throat.

7. Vomit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Originally posted by YellerDog
    Vomit!
    Check.

9. Yeah... and it should be HOT salt water. Do it every couple of hours... and you should be good as new the next day.

10. hahahah yeah man.
    its not once, its every couple hours with warm water and lots of salt!
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers