Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best\Worst company in the biz?

1. Best\Worst company in the biz?

Who gets your vote for best and worst company in all of Anime?? I'm really just leaning towards the US distributors, but if you bootleggers, downloaders and super-otaku (save the drama, I dont mean to imply that all 3 categories are the same) wanna get crazy and talk about actual Studios and Japanese animation conglomerates...feel free.

Best company goes to .... Pioneer!!!

Lets get real, these guys not only liscense a lot of great shows (Lain,Trigun,Sol Bianca,SoulTaker and more recently X the series and Hellsing) they put out damn-near flawless DVD's. They are probably the most consistant company on the market today, I mean, come hell or high-water there isnt a year that goes by where Pioneer doesnt have one or two shows that every fiend (no matter what genre) will be excited about. These guys deserve the accolades they receive.

*negatives*
    no previews on there DVDs...I mean...come on, what kinda crap is that??

There...uhmm...ties to Bandai (and maybe Funimation..but you didnt hear that from me).

Not enough movie releases.

2nd place goes to .....ADV Films (aka the lil company that could). I thought these guys were damned near goners these past few years during the Bandai Tsunami. But they stayed afloat and judging by what they got on there plate during 2002 (Spriggan,Excel Saga,Noir,Full Metal Panic, the continuation of Ninja Resurrection, Nadesico Movie, Kenshin OVA 2) there not playin around anymore.

*negatives*
    Damn it took Spriggan a long time to get released!!

You mean there actually making a SIN sequel???

Lady Death the movie....could be good...could be ugly as SIN.
    How could you let Manga get the rights to the Eva Movies!!???

Worst company award goes to ..... Manga Entertainment!!
    Ok..lets leave out the whole 2 years worth of pushbacks on the Evangelion Movies. These guys have to be the dumbest S.O.B.s on the planet, the President of Manga recently quoted in Play that there biggest releases of the year (other then...) are Astro Boy (old-school Tezuka) and Virus (based off the same material as the movie)..now ive never seen Virus (the Anime) but i've never heard one kind word about it, and furthermore ive never heard of people goin up in arms over it not being released here..and this is yor big weapon?? As far as Astro Boy is concerned..yeah, its old-school Tezuka (who is now revered in the US in much the same way Miyazaki was after Mononoke) so at worst it'll still sell reasonably but come on now, who in there right minds would choose to release Astro Boy in this day and age over Metropolis...thats a risky move if you ask me. These guys were nearly bankrupt a few years back (when they put there future in the hands of Fist of the North Star instead of Perfect Blue). There biggest seller was Blood the overrated Vampire, they lost Ghost in the Shell 2 to Miramax, and everyone still associates them with Ninja Scroll and GHost in the Shell (when were they released again??). They are the worst company in the bizness period.

*negatives* Too numerous to mention.

2nd place goes to.....Bandai...WTF???
    Yep, no typos here. The house that Spike built has gone downhill...fast!!! Ill keep it short...Bandai had a phenomenal run (that thx to CN is still not completely over) they liscensed a ton of jewels and gems (mostly due to there Sunrise connection) and dominated the market in 99 and 00 but then whilst swept up in the (so-called) Gundam craze they decided to put there eggs in one basket (a la 4kids with Pokemon and Funimation with DBZ) there was just one problem though...Gundam Wing fans didnt really support the other Gundams..and there it is. Besides Jin Roh and the Escaflowne Movie, there cupboards are pretty bare this year..and theres not much more Gundam left for them to pick up (I hope)..they better pray CN lets them handle the DVD release of Big O season 2.

*negatives*
    Too much Gundam, too little everthing else.

What dya mean they lost the rights to the Bebop Movie??? They helped make the damned thing fer Chrissakes!!

What dya mean $60.00 for the special editions of Jin-Roh and The Escaflowne Movie...$30 more for some damned story boards and an OST??

You mean you seriously dont have the rights to the Bebop Movie??

No Noir,No Hellsing,No X the series huh...oh yeah??
    Hey, what the hell is a Gaogaiger???

sorry

v lee v

2. It's been too long for me to make a proper judgement on this, but I'd have to give credit to AnimeGo since I loved them about ten years ago. That was around the time I stopped giving a shit about anime due to this company.

Soft Cel. I hated the crap they released so much that I swore off anime almost completely.

3. Another bad thing about Bandai: NO SUBS ON MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM DISKS!!!!!!!!! WTF? I would have already bought all of the disks if they were subbed, but no, they were afraid that the Japanese would import it since their DVDs are like $80 for 2 eps!

4. Best: Pioneer. Their DVDs speak for themselves.

Worst: Manga. It's been what, 2-3 years since the Eva movies were announced? And to add insult to injury, they're the ones who got Read or Die. Great, now I'll have to wait 5 years or more to see this come out here.

And some people wonder why others download anime...

5. I really respect Pioneer, and ADV does a damn fine job as well.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

6. I like Pioneer and alll the stuff they include with each DVD but the last two Pioneer DVDs I've bought had this weird habbit of freezing for a couple seconds in the middle of a show for no reason at all. And on my Akira DVD's THX audio test didn't work right (no sound would come out of the sub, but luckily the movie was fine). So I'm gonna give the top stop to ADV, I've never seemed to have a problem with thier DVDs and besides... I loved thier dub for Nadesico!

7. Originally posted by Pepsiman
    So I'm gonna give the top stop to ADV, I've never seemed to have a problem with thier DVDs and besides... I loved thier dub for Nadesico!
    I would've done that too, except these fools held off on my Goldenboy DVDs for so long...

8. Speaking of the such, I just picked up the ADV Goldenboy today.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Originally posted by phoenix angel wing
    Speaking of the such, I just picked up the ADV Goldenboy today.
    DVD? You lie...it's not out till the 23rd!!! Or did ADV jump the gun?

10. No, it's sitting right on my bed. I watched the whole DVD already. I bought it at a local anime store, and I wasn't even aware of when it was being released...
    So the question is, did Tate's Comics, or ADV jump the gun...?

*shrugs*

Great DVD. Funny stuff...
    Boo, Hiss.