Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best\Worst company in the biz?

1. And to clear this matter up, it's not a bootleg. The ADV logo is right there...
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Oh yeah? Who's on the cover then? Hmm?

3. Alright...

I wasn't familiar with the series until I heard about it here, so I'm not too familiar with the 2 girls names.

There are 3 people on the cover, two semi-nude chicks, 1 of which is holding marionette strings, which Kintaro is attatched to (he's really small). The other has what appears to be a paint brush, and it looks like she's tickling his balls through his jeans...

Above 'GoldenBoy' it says: Every Young Man Has A Fantasy... This One's Living It!

Subtitled: Treasure hunt.

The episodes contained are: Computer Lesson, Temptation of the Maiden, and Danger! The Virgins First Love.

The DVD is suggested for 17+ due to mature situations, and nudity.

If I had a scanner, I'd put up a picture of it.

Does that settle it?
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Originally posted by phoenix angel wing

Does that settle it?
    No, it's not settled till I get my copy

5. Re: Best\Worst company in the biz?

Originally posted by lee vicious
    2nd place goes to .....ADV Films (aka the lil company that could). I thought these guys were damned near goners these past few years during the Bandai Tsunami. But they stayed afloat and judging by what they got on there plate during 2002 (Spriggan,Excel Saga,Noir,Full Metal Panic, the continuation of Ninja Resurrection, Nadesico Movie, Kenshin OVA 2) there not playin around anymore.
    YIPEE !! The Nadesico movie HAS been picked up by ADV. This is good news to me, because then most likely all the dub voice actors will be the same. Oh, and you mean that Ninja Resurrection actually continues ?? Thank goodness, the first DVD stopped as soon as it got good...

And what do you mean about Bandai losing the CB Knockin' on Heaven's Door rights ?? WTF ?? Whoever picks it up better keep the same dub voice actors... *grumble*

My vote for #1 anime company goes to ADV. Pioneer gets my #2 vote.

- Kabuki

6. Im pretty sure ADV have had the rights to the Nadesico Movie for awhile now...just recently theres been rumblings of them finally releasing it.

And judging from the fact that theres a trailer for the Bebop Movie on the Metropolis DVD, i'd say its a pretty safe assumption Columbia/Tri Star has the U.S.rights. I read somewhere recently (maybe animeondvd.com) that the same voice actors will be used..which is a very good thing.

Wow...no votes for CPM\US Manga???

v lee v

7. Where did you hear that Virus is in any way related to the dreadful US movie of the same name? It's not.

I personally like the series. It's by Masami Obari, who did the Fatal Fury movies and Gowcaizer. And the opening theme song is one of my favorites. Manga was listing this at the bottom of their ads as 'coming soon' for 2 or 3 years... Grr.

Anyway, I'd say:
    Best:
    1. Pioneer- What more needs to be said?
    2. Right Stuf- Unsung heroes of the anime industry... Boogiepop Phantom was my favorite series of last year, and they also released the complete Tylor TV series and OAVs on DVD, here's the kicker, both as box sets and individally. I'm DAMN tired of companies putting out entire runs/seasons of shows exclusively as ludicrously-priced box sets. Not only do they hit your wallet like a runaway truck, but they ensure that anyone who's not already familiar with the series will probably never get to see it. On the flip side, box sets are nice for people who already know they want the whole series. RS covers both bases. Huzzah, I say.
    Honorable mention goes to AnimeWorks... New volumes of Kenshin and Magic Users Club appeared like clockwork throughout the year.

Worst:
    1. Manga- Less productive than moss, these guys.
    2. Viz- Co-main offenders of the afforementioned box-set exclusive crimes. Want Ranma TV episodes when they were good? You'll have to buy a $100+ box set. Want Fushigi Yuugi? Same deal. Their main title this year, Ayashi no Ceres, featured the most horrible covers I've seen (no, I'm not picking on Watase, they were washed out, misproportioned reproductions of her lovely art with pug-fugly fonts plastered on them). Their only saving grace with me this year was the Video Girl Ai DVD.
    Honorable mention goes to CPM, for perpetuating the box set sin with Slayers and Lodoss War.

8. Everywhere ive heard anything about Virus ive heard they were both taken from the same source material (a novel by ??).

2 other things.

Respect for the Right Stuf nod...I dont think they're quite "there" yet, but they're on there way (damn thats a lot of damn theres!!).

And the CPM thing.. I got 6 words for ya...

Now and Then...Here and There

nuff said

lee v

9. Originally posted by lee vicious
    Wow...no votes for CPM\US Manga???

v lee v
    I'll vote for Anime 18, but only cuz of Blue Girl