Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowboy Bebop- The Movie dvd

1. Cowboy Bebop- The Movie dvd

I've seen this date in couple other places, so this is probably it. From Animeondvd-

Cowboy Bebop Streets (04:29 PM EST): According to an update at DVD File, Columbia Tri-Star will be releasing the Cowboy Bebop Movie DVD on 06/24/2003 as previously speculated here. No specs or pricing is yet available.
    pwned by Ivan

2. Nice. Thanks for the heads-up.

Not much longer..

3. Wow, only a three month difference between the theatrical run and the DVD release. Why even bother seeing it in the theater?
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. because it's nice having that theatre experience. you've got the bullshit loud talking, cellphones, etc. to contend with but it's not every day you see anime projected on a theatre screen. and not everyone has a theatre that even gets anime to film.

so yea... why bother seeing any movie in the theatre? because you know, those dvds are going to be out in a few months anyway.

5. Eh, for me, going to a theatre involves spending a half-hour alfter the flim to wait for my eye to re-adjust to the darkness of the theatre itself, so unless there's a very compelling reason for me to see a flick- IE- hot date, or there being a good chance it won't come out on DVD, I'll opt to not see a flick in the theatre.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Well, I hope it will be a good edition(good quality and extras). I havent heard the english dub, but I assume the same team as with series worked on the Movie?

I'll keep my HK dvd for now.

7. I don't suppose any specifics have been revealed about the DVD, meaning features and such?

When I know that an anime will make it to the States, I will hold off buying the HK. The HK DVDs usually have slightly inferior video quality (not true in all cases) and the sound is usually presented in 2.0 Stereo only.

When anime comes here, there's a good chance it will have clearer visuals and include a 5.1 or even DTS track (this is true of most newer anime titles. Older titles that are just now making it here after 6 years or so will come with a normal 2.0 Stereo mix).

In the case of Bebop, the series was released here with 2.0 stereo mix, but the video quality was excellent. I'm hoping the movie will include a 5.1 mix (at least) and lots of background material, including notes on the music.

8. Considering Columbia-Tristar is releasing it, you can count on a great dvd with lots of extras. Bebop will be the second anime dvd they put out, their first one (Metropolis) was excellent.
    pwned by Ivan

9. I havent heard the english dub, but I assume the same team as with series worked on the Movie?
    it is. and i'll say it again... it's top quality voice acting just like in the series. you won't be disappointed. so get ready to toss out that hk pos.

10. Well, I wouldnt call my HK disk a pos, since the video and sound quality is pretty good. But I will pick up US version, thats for sure.