Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's offical, I'm in love with DDR

1. It's offical, I'm in love with DDR

I always said I'd never get on the damn machine but when the arcade in the mall I work at got 3rd Mix I gave it a try, and sucked major ass. Then I found myself strangly drawn to it every time I went in to play some Tekken 4, it started as just one song (maybe 2) a day. Then I started to get it, everything kinda clicked and I actully finished a 4 foot song (Jogga). I then found myself going in to play DDR and just playing a match (maybe 2) of Tekken 4.

It's finaly gotten to the point where I'm in there 5 or 6 days a week playing and spending about $20 a week on it (the arcade has a deal where if you put a 20 into the machine you get 30 worth of tokens). I'm still not all that great, I can finish the 5 foot songs but not the 6's, but damnit I love this shit! I honestly can't get enough I just whish there were some more machines around me, the only songs I have to chose from are the 2nd & 3rd mix ones. I've heard rumors that a 6th mix machine is comming to the Putt-Putt and 5th is going to pop up at Magic Mountain (big arcade) and I can't wait to try 'em. Too bad Gameworks already got rid of their machines (I never even bothered to see which they were, damn).

If only I had a chip for my PS2 so I could just import 'em,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. Good stuff indeed. Glad to hear you're having fun with it!

3. wow. its been so long since I actually had fun playing DDR X_@
    there was a time when I was spending about $100 in three weeks....now I cant even play a few songs without getting bored =/ I am looking forward to Max2 though, thats going to kick some ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. $100 in three weeks?! Wow! And I thought my spending 30 bucks in one month on DDR was bad!

Anys gald to hear that your a DDR fan now Xeno Gigas, How long did it take you to be able to beat the 5 feet songs? (I've been playing it on and off for 2 years and can still only do up to 6 feet on trick
    )

5. i tried it once and made an ass of myself...never tried it again, but i do like the music
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

6. Sucked you in like a Hoover, didn't it...

I wasn't into DDR myself, till my cousin busted Paranoia. Soon as I tried it I got into it, and been playin ever since. And I don't care if I look like ass when I dance, just as long as I'm havin a good time

7. I love DDR too.

I'm mostly a home player, but I try to make it out to the Arcades every 2 weeks or so.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

8. Ah yes...the arrow smashing game. Im getting back into it since I REALLY like everything on Max2. The last time that I REALLY played DDR was when I was trying to be the first in the US to beat Max300 on Extra stage (Ended up being 3rd..blah) and then after that, I hated Max so much that I just quit playing. Max2 arrives at SVGL..well...today. I've been jogging and other crap to get my stamina back up to where it used to be..I feel like being one of the best in the country again.

AND WHY IS 3RD MIX EVERYWHERE OUTSIDE OF CALIFORNIA!? I do not get it..I understand that its old and its cheap but Im betting that at least 5th Mix is almost as cheap.
    Play Guitar Hero //

9. Originally posted by Pepsiman
    $100 in three weeks?! Wow! And I thought my spending 30 bucks in one month on DDR was bad!

X___x it was pretty bad at the time...there was also times when I could play like 4-5 hours straight. After awhile I just kind of played everything and it got boring...

now I prefer other Bemani games a bit better...IIDX especially.

10. Originally posted by Sl1p
    Max2 arrives at SVGL..well...today.

today? Holy crap!! Too bad I'm not going to be there until SVGL2 ;_;