Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3d On-rails Shooters

1. What about games like Wild Guns? You don't actually move but it kinda plays like a 3D shooter.

My favorite would be Starfox 64.

2. Originally posted by Sqoon
    Has anyone ever played either of the Rail Chases? The preview in Next Gen made it look real good.
    Yeah, I used to play the first one all the time. Pretty straight forward, but fun co op.

Originally posted by sleeveboy
    3D on-rails shooters don't get the respect of 2D shooters because they're generally not as good and don't stand the test of time as well. Games like Galaxy Force, for example, were mind-blowing in their day, seem awfully simplistic today.
    I was with you up until Galaxy Force. Galaxy Force still holds up beutifully for me. Though it's as much of a ride as a game.

I played the first Rail Chase too. It's good but not really a classic.

I think this genre holds up just as well as the 2d ones. It's just that the 2d ones are far more numerous and therefore there are more good ones in total.

4. Originally posted by Frogacuda
    I was with you up until Galaxy Force. Galaxy Force still holds up beutifully for me. Though it's as much of a ride as a game.
    Don't get me wrong, I still love Galaxy Force, but I'll be the first to admit it isn't that deep or exciting minus the enormous rotating hydraulic cabinet.

Same goes for G-Loc and its gyroscope cab.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. Cabal?

6. Originally posted by sleeveboy
    Don't get me wrong, I still love Galaxy Force, but I'll be the first to admit it isn't that deep or exciting minus the enormous rotating hydraulic cabinet.

Same goes for G-Loc and its gyroscope cab.
    I still like it better than Star Fox. Even at home the sense of motion is incredible. It's got a great feel to it, too. Depth isn't a requiste element for good gameplay.

7. NeoZeedeater is my Pimp.

Please keep making these awesome threads. You rock.

I'm starting a petition to acknowlede that these threads rock my face.

8. I am dying to play Planet Harriers...

9. F-15 City War for the NES is a pretty blatant rip-off of Thunder Blade (city landscapes and even has the same kind of oblate bullets). But still, a bit impressive for the NES, and very impressive for an unlicensed game.

10. Originally posted by kingoffighters
    I am dying to play Planet Harriers...
    Don't get your hopes up. Space Harrier trounces it.