Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Burnout 2 GC/XB details

1. New Burnout 2 GC/XB details

From Gamespot:

"Acclaim has unveiled some details on the upcoming Xbox and GameCube versions of Criterion's Burnout 2, both of which will boast a significant number of new features compared with their PlayStation 2 counterpart. The Xbox and GameCube versions of the game will feature 15 more crash junctions, six new locations in the United States (including Miami, Los Angeles, the Rocky Mountains, and an international airport, among others), a number of gameplay tweaks, and a wealth of visual enhancements. The GameCube version will also have support for progressive-scan TVs and Dolby Pro Logic II, while the Xbox version will support HDTVs and Dolby 5.1 audio. In addition, the Xbox version of Burnout 2 will include Xbox Live functionality in the form of ranking boards for track times and high-score tables.
    Burnout 2 is scheduled for release on the Xbox and GameCube in May."

Nice. Nice indeed. The additions are all nice, but I'm most interested in what the "number of gameplay tweaks" will be.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. Cool I got PS2 version of Burnout 2 for free, so I will pick up Xbox version, if I see a good deal on it.

We really enjoyed it.

3. Wow, I guess my procrastinating paid off. I can't count the number of times I almost picked up Burnout 2. Very glad I waited. I wonder if the Xbox version has custom soundtrack support? That will make my decision on which version to get easier....

4. someone on the gaming age boards mentioned that the xbox version would indeed have a custom soundtrack, but i'm not sure if that was from an official confirmation.

5. Whoa! Great news! I picked up the PS2 version a while ago assuming it wouldn't be showing up on other consoles, but the game's good enough, IMO, to warrant a purchase of a second version. If there's custom soundtracks, I'm all over the Xbox version.

6. I wonder if the Xbox version has custom soundtrack support?
    If there's custom soundtracks, I'm all over the Xbox version.
    Yeah there will be custom soundtrack support for the X-Box version from what I've read at Gaming Age. I'd SO put Audioslave's 'Gasoline' in one of the tracks. Anyways the online thing sounds cool but I'd rather actually race(which I hear Midnight Club 2 is doing).

*sigh* Looks like another 'custom soundtrack-less' GC version for me.

7. very sweet i knew it was a good idea to wait on this

GC version here i come
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. what thehell.. if ikuraga can have online ranking.. how come.. burnout 2.. cant do the same?

9. I remember seeing an interview saying BO2 was going to be PS2 only, I am glad I waited

If you don't like my posts click here

10. Sweet. I'm all over this. Any word on when it's due?