Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ gaming / thread no. 6 [est.]

1. NJ gaming / thread no. 6 [est.]

I decided to take a ride to Willowbrook before to see what Fun N Games had to offer. Surprisingly enough, they still have Planet Harriers shoved in the corner of the room. I'm guessing it won't last much longer, so go check it out now if you have been meaning to do so.

Not much else to speak of other than House of the Dead III and Time Crisis 3. Same old shit otherwise.

HotDIII certainly drained me of my few quarters at $1 a credit. But damn me if it isn't worth it. Weilding that neon blue shotgun and pumping out rounds into that lovely flat display at hordes zombies is a riot.

I was going to try out TC3 if I didn't run out of change. I didn't catch how much it was per credit, but I'm guessing a dollar.

REALLY good news:

Supposedly NJIT [New Jersey Institute of Technology] in Newark has a damned beatmania IIDX 8th Style machine. What the hell are the chances? A friend who attends the school told me that, apparently, a bunch of kids chipped in or petitioned or some such nonsense in order to get it.

I'm hoping to get my ass there while I'm on break to witness it first-hand. Can't wait to see this thing, let alone play it. Expect a special thread for that one.

Which brings up another question - my friend also has told me that he has played beatmania down at Seaside. He has no idea which version [doesn't keep up with that sort of thing] and no idea when it was, but can anyone confirm the existence of any kind of beatmania cabinets in Southern Jersey?

That's about it.

Click_Stick, your threads make me home sick... although you can't beat the weather down here.

3. "HotDIII certainly drained me of my few quarters at $1 a credit. But damn me if it isn't worth it. Weilding that neon blue shotgun and pumping out rounds into that lovely flat display at hordes zombies is a riot."

Blue shotguns? In the UK and Japan they're black, heh. Fantastic game, I don't think much of TC3 though.

4. Supposedly NJIT [New Jersey Institute of Technology] in Newark has a damned beatmania IIDX 8th Style machine. What the hell are the chances? A friend who attends the school told me that, apparently, a bunch of kids chipped in or petitioned or some such nonsense in order to get it.
    I hate you.

5. Yoshi - Nothing quite like this shitty suburban locale. The rotten egg smell of the Turnpike is always a rereshing welcome after an extended stay from home.

Sidez - The American way. I could imagine people would look a lot more threatening and a bit less moronic pumping more authentic-looking black shotguns. The blue color is putrid.

Tain - I knew you would. I'll get pictures just for you if I can make it there.

6. Hahaha, I used to go to NJIT. I wouldnt be surprised that the students petitioned for it - that's all they give a fuck about on that damn campus. Hate that school... I love my old friends from there, but I hate the fucking place. If you want to consider the fact that there's a Beatmania machine there a plus, then that's pretty much the only plus that school got.

Yoshi: Unless you're in South California... yes you can.

7. Re: NJ gaming / thread no. 6 [est.]

Originally posted by Click_Stick

Which brings up another question - my friend also has told me that he has played beatmania down at Seaside. He has no idea which version [doesn't keep up with that sort of thing] and no idea when it was, but can anyone confirm the existence of any kind of beatmania cabinets in Southern Jersey?
    Seaside had a Beatmania 6th Mix UK Underground machine. Now, it's in Toms River.

8. I'm in Central Jersey to from time to time to see some friends and to play DDR....
    I would say one of the best places to play... 8 on the Break. Great atmosphere, good food(philly cheese steak to die for), and dirt cheap prices(nothing over 75 cents)... They have BM 6th for 50 cents. It's not IIDX, though. I know I sound like a commercial, but it's a great place to chill and play.... I must warn you, try to avoid friday nights... It gets fucking hectic. Unless you're willing to show your bemani skills...

edit: Oh, nevermind.
    ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA

9. Originally posted by diffusionx

Yoshi: Unless you're in South California... yes you can.
    I can do you one better.

10. Originally posted by Melf
    I can do you one better.
    Hehe, Ive been in Puerto Rico extended amounts of time (Im 50% Puerto Rican)... no you can't.