Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Major League Baseball Thread. 2003 Season Edition

1. Official Major League Baseball Topic.

Red Sox all the way this year.

THIS is the year.

So, anyway. I just subscribed to MLB.TV and I can watch tons of Red Sox games that aren't broadcasted in my area. The quality is great, and I hook up my computer to my TV via S-Video and watch them in full screen. Its only like $15 a month and it definitely worth it if you want to watch your favorite team and don't currently live in an area where their games are broadcasted.

PS: Its worthless if you live where they play because blackout rules still apply and they can't let you stream the game if its being broadcasted locally. Ain't that a bitch?

2. I don't like baseball much, but I do pay attention to the standings.

Go Twins.
    bastard of the new world order.

@ Red Sox. First lose to the Devil Rays, then go 16 inning with 'em. Ya see, if the Bo Sox were half as good as the Yankees, they would have hauled ass.

4. Will you promise you eat my fecal matter when the Red Sox win the pennant?

No, I will if they beat the Yankees in a playoff series (the whole series) though.

6. Despite getting soundly spanked by the cursed Yankees, I believe the Jays have a good chance. If anything, they'll provide some good entertainment. I've got a good feeling.

Them Expos on the other hand... woo-boy! They will win the pennant this year. I'm sure. I'll eat my keyboard if I'm wrong.

7. Originally posted by Rich
    No, I will if they beat the Yankees in a playoff series (the whole series) though.
    You heard it here first...and you better hold him to that.
    your mom

8. Looks around to make sure nobody's listening...

Mets?

Shh! They might hear you!

You know, last year, Stone made a bet with another friend of ours that Pedro and Lowe would go 60-4 combined for the year. Thought that'd make you all laugh, too. =)

9. I don't suspect the Sox to do all that well this year. I predicted at the beginning of Spring Training a 80 something wins. I'd look towards the Pirates and Rangers going along way actually, call it left field but I always need to pick a few sleepers at the start of the season.

10. Baseball fucking rocks!

That being said, I also signed up for MLB.TV (being an M's fan in the midwest is brutal )

I was really disappointed with the Mariners last night. They have the exact same problems they did last year; Garcia sucks and no run support. Oh well, the Angels's started out shitty last year and look where they got...

Go Seattle!